Page 1 of 2
It's all a waste of time to me. One day I was on a trip a whole day with some friends, but all I can think of was "all this time here I should have spent on music; I would have already come up with some sweet riffs and recorded some cool loops". If I had a normal relationship I doubt I would spend any time on people in general any more. I only get disappointed by people anyway, so why bother?

The only social things I really like are meaningful conversations, talking about art or music with people that understand my taste or meeting new interesting people. Sadly, that does not apply to most of the social happenings, does it? Anyone here that has the same feeling? Is it bad, if so, how should I change my view?
Dude, I have the same thing pretty much. I'd never admit it in public but most people just bore me dumb. It's like all people have to say is some **** they parrot off of TV or a film.

Sure, there are well cool people that you can have some deep convo with about really intresting stuff, but that seems to be a rare find.
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
I have given up on trying to socialize through parties and such.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I get bored at clubs too. The only real use for them is to get really smashed and dance, but even dancing gets boring.

Pubs are good though, why can't you have a "meaningful" conversation there?
Maybe you just don't care about your friends stories, and so don't really like your friends.
Yup. They'll never know...
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
I get bored at clubs too. The only real use for them is to get really smashed and dance, but even dancing gets boring.

Pubs are good though, why can't you have a "meaningful" conversation there?
Maybe you just don't care about your friends stories, and so don't really like your friends.

To be fair this guy does sound quite selfish in the way he acts. He just wants to take from a relationship... Rather poor way of doing it in my opinion.
Quote by MyraT
It's all a waste of time to me. One day I was on a trip a whole day with some friends, but all I can think of was "all this time here I should have spent on music; I would have already come up with some sweet riffs and recorded some cool loops". If I had a normal relationship I doubt I would spend any time on people in general any more. I only get disappointed by people anyway, so why bother?

The only social things I really like are meaningful conversations, talking about art or music with people that understand my taste or meeting new interesting people. Sadly, that does not apply to most of the social happenings, does it? Anyone here that has the same feeling? Is it bad, if so, how should I change my view?

Sometimes I think like that too, but you gotta remember, you can always get inspiration artistically and musically from situations in life.

Plus I find if I take a break I feel refreshed and my skills have had time to sink in and build up when I pick up the guitar again, plus it stops me from damaging my arms and tendons something chronic.

The trick to creative and productive practise and music production is practising every day, getting good sleep, relaxation and time away from the instrument (gives time to let the developments sink in) and not over-doing it.
Heh, you wouldn't want to miss out on some "deep convo" would you? :p

I'm sorry, it's everytime someone talks about how they liked having "deep, meaningful" conversations they turn out to be morons. At least in my experience.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
I'm sorry, it's everytime someone talks about how they liked having "deep, meaningful" conversations they turn out to be morons. At least in my experience.

or one's girlfriend

Besides I usually have said conversations with very close friends or family. I like going out in pubs and clubs (two very different things though) and they're just their to have a good time, take yourself seriously, going out to a club with your girlfriend or sharing a pint with some pretty wasted guys will always be fun.

But yeah, if you hate people, why botheR?
I know how you feel. I go to college and all the people here just go to the same old clubs over and over again and dance to the same songs and always end up stumbling home at 2 in the morning completely wasted. Same stuff over and over again. I enjoyed it like the first 4 times but man it gets old so quick.
Also adding to what I said earlier, if you want to get drunk at a club it's damn expensive.
Gimme a house party any day.
Yeh to be honest going out gets pretty crap. You need to try and go to some good parties, but they're just as hard to come by. I know how you feel.
i only go out if it's worth going out, i.e. it's a good night for music, there's a gig or comedian on or it's a birthday
Quote by Dreadnought
I can't dance, so I hate clubbing lol

Nobody else in this generation can either. Just throw yourself around like you've lost control of your muscles and you're going through involontary spasms, kids these days seem to be doing it everywhere.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Nobody else in this generation can either. Just throw yourself around like you've lost control of your muscles and you're going through involontary spasms, kids these days seem to be doing it everywhere.

Nah, we've just got a whole lotta of photo-sensitive epileptics on the club scene these days.
i think you should go out with the sole objective of meeting a new person or several, and then learn **** about them and find someone to have a meaningful convo with, then your life can be fulfilled
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05

I can salsa.
Clubs weren't meant for deep, meaningful conversations, they were meant for dancing and having a good time. If you want a deep, meaningful conversation, go look for it elsewhere. We don't want your kind around here.

Seriously though, you can have a great conversation with anyone, you just have to be able to open up people, and appreciate people for who they are.
Quote by MyraT

That's a rather selfish attitude to take.

We all have things we like and don't like doing, but when it gets to such a point that you no longer enjoy being out with your friends and only doing what you want to do... that's ridiculous.

All relationships work 2 ways. You make compomises. That's how it is. You do some stuff you're not really thaaat into, cos it's your friends. That's what friends do.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Man you sound just like me.

I was looking forward to starting college (or second to last year of high school for Americans) this year to meet people who are into the same thing as me but nobody is

Suppose im just not a sociable person.
Quote by jallas
That's a rather selfish attitude to take.

We all have things we like and don't like doing, but when it gets to such a point that you no longer enjoy being out with your friends and only doing what you want to do... that's ridiculous.

All relationships work 2 ways. You make compomises. That's how it is. You do some stuff you're not really thaaat into, cos it's your friends. That's what friends do.

That said, your friends can force you to do some things you don't really want to but your friends are also their to make the thing you don't want to do fun, even if the acutal activity isn't that great.
Quote by meh!
That said, your friends can force you to do some things you don't really want to but your friends are also their to make the thing you don't want to do fun, even if the acutal activity isn't that great.

Are we talking about drugs and peer pressure?
I basically have the same view...hell, even in school everything is just idle chit-chat. "Oh my god, did you like, study for this test/do the homework?" That can be heard at the beginning of every class period. But does that person really care if you studied/did the homework? No, because no matter what your response to that question is, they're going to just talk about themselves and how they did/didn't study/do the homework. That's why I usually reply with "I kill kittens/eat children." Doesn't matter anyway.
Quote by rockon1824
I basically have the same view...hell, even in school everything is just idle chit-chat. "Oh my god, did you like, study for this test/do the homework?" That can be heard at the beginning of every class period. But does that person really care if you studied/did the homework? No, because no matter what your response to that question is, they're going to just talk about themselves and how they did/didn't study/do the homework. That's why I usually reply with "I kill kittens/eat children." Doesn't matter anyway.

People like you really drag everyone else down.
My God, it's full of stars!
I'm with you there... I just never really enjoyed the partying type of atmosphere that much- music so loud you have to yell to talk to somebody a foot away from you, a lot of people crammed into a small space with very little room to move, most of them being people I don't really know, eh... it's just never really been my thing. I think I'm pretty screwed as far as making friends go after college...
Bah, I used to think the same way but it's not productive at all, it just brings you down. Don't go out looking for those "deep meaningful conversations" and "talking about art or music" because it's not all concentrated in one place for you. Just go out and take things as they come. And be a little more open to things that you don't already like (art and music aren't the only things in life eh). The fact that you're thinking about hypothetical RIFFS that you could have made up when you're out with your friends is a bad sign.
^ Word.

You pretty much pointed the finger of shame and malediction at yourself... (to the thread starter)
Quote by rockon1824
People like me feed off of how people react to sarcasm.

Sure ya do, cool guy.
Thanks for your useful insides. I think this are the causes. One, time is more precious now my college days are over; I want to fill it with music. E.g. I never watch TV or play videogames any more. And yes, sadly social things are the next thing to scrap on the list... But I *will* work part time luckily later this year, I hope this helps. Two, I think I just need to expand my creative/musical friends group. You never can find all you like in 1 person or all persons. I also picked the wrong study, need to find other types of people.

For the people that say I'm self centred , I went a whole day to go on a trip with her. Next time I just shouldn't make it that long (before riffs start appearing in my head ). And I went to the party of another friend, and I had to cancel "my thing". He promised this month he would go with me to "my thing" but he cancelled it. And so it always goes. Yes, I'm ashamed I couldn't enjoy their things but I can't deny this feeling.
Quote by MyraT

Haha, you absolute loser!
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
Haha, you absolute loser!

Says the guy with the Knuckles avatar...

Sorry Fridge.
I dunno. Go get some friends and get over yourself?

Have some fun.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by MyraT

unfortunately for you most woman or girls dont give a **** about how righteous your musical and artistic tastes are. you will sit there talking about the 21st centuary relevance of Raskolnokov and she will be like 'fukin wanker'

You just need to get laid but your brain hasnt connected with your penis yet
Quote by MyraT

Im surprised you even have friends with an attitude like this tbh.

Perhaps try some humour once in a while? A joke maybe? Relaxing? Lying back?

I've no idea how woud change your view really, im a very social person I love being around other people...

EDIT:
Quote by gigadeth
'

You just need to get laid but your brain hasnt connected with your penis yet

This made me rofl.
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

Page 1 of 2