Hi, I am thinking of buying an esp ltd ec1000 from ebay in the US, it is only 398 gbp and like 30 gbp shipping, I was wondering how much import tax would cost for the guitar to see if it really is worth it
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Last edited by metallica_death at Sep 29, 2007,
I'm pretty sure it won't be £30 shipping - it'll be £30 in the mainland US surely? If it's second hand then you probably won't get stung for VAT, not sure about import duty though. Import duty is about 3.5%, VAT is 17.5%. If it's new though, or if Customs feel arsey, then you'll have to stump up the 17.5 % too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I'm pretty sure it won't be £30 shipping - it'll be £30 in the mainland US surely? If it's second hand then you probably won't get stung for VAT, not sure about import duty though. Import duty is about 3.5%, VAT is 17.5%. If it's new though, or if Customs feel arsey, then you'll have to stump up the 17.5 % too.

Its from canada, does that make any difference?
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
I got fecked on my Agile by fedex. Got a bill for £75. It's way overdue and they still haven't come through my door, not even a warning letter.
These go to eleven...
No you didn't- you got done by HM Customs. All Fedex did was pay the customs charges that were levied, then invoice you for them back.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com