well, you don't press your finger straight onto the fretboard.
the finger is at an angle, and the skin, like, presses it down no matter what.

i just said that really confusing-ish.

so it's neither.
I play the bottom string with my thumb, and the rest of the strings with my free fingers. The only thing is that you can't hit the high e string. But tis better for Hendrix-y trills and such.
Quote by guitarkid2113
I play the bottom string with my thumb, and the rest of the strings with my free fingers. The only thing is that you can't hit the high e string. But tis better for Hendrix-y trills and such.

what the hell are you talking about
Quote by guitarkid2113

I like that style, and that helps my hendrix-y trills, especially in jazz, but it's hard on a Les Paul
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by cashewchaching
I like that style, and that helps my hendrix-y trills, especially in jazz, but it's hard on a Les Paul

true that, but i cant really do it on any guitar, the skin on my thumb got burnt wayy long time ago, and it still hurts wen rubbing the wounded strings

but i can press from the back of the neck nicely