I've been thinking about buying an Ibanez seven-string as my next guitar, and I was wondering if seven-strings have a higher-pitched A string (below the little e) or a lower-pitched B (above the large E). If anyone could answer, I would appreciate it.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Quote by frusciante_50
Are you hoping to play Trivium on it?

Trivium only has two songs on 7 string...

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by frusciante_50

how is that relevant?

they aren't the only band that uses 7 strings
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by p.stick
Trivium only has two songs on 7 string...

5 songs...
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Quote by frusciante_50

Maybe, I really wanted to play some Dream Theater though. And I'm sorry about this being in the pit. I thought i was in the electric guitar forum. So, yeah. Sorry.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Quote by Colton165
Maybe, I really wanted to play some Dream Theater though. And I'm sorry about this being in the pit. I thought i was in the electric guitar forum. So, yeah. Sorry.

Well, DT's 7-string songs are some of their most challenging. Fair warning...
Quote by Captain_Kickass

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

well, i can sweep, tap, im pretty good at legato, and do a little sweep-tapping on a six-string; so I thought i should get a seven-string to expand my musical knowledge. Does Petrucci use a seven-string with a large 'B' or a small 'a' string?
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
Er... All seven-strings are, to my knowlege, with a lower B string.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Colton165
well, i can sweep, tap, im pretty good at legato, and do a little sweep-tapping on a six-string; so I thought i should get a seven-string to expand my musical knowledge. Does Petrucci use a seven-string with a large 'B' or a small 'a' string?

Not to be a bastard but you should really know he uses a "large B string"... a 7 string won't magically improve your skills.
Quote by Colton165

Low B.

You can also tune down 1/2 for Panic Attack, and 1 down (A standard) for Blind Faith and These Walls
Quote by Captain_Kickass

Quote by dreamtheater91
Low B.

You can also tune down 1/2 for Panic Attack, and 1 down (A standard) for Blind Faith and These Walls

Does John Petrucci use a 7-string in the studio version of "Panic Attack"? When I saw the live version of that song on the Gigantour DVD, he was using an Ernie Ball Axis baritone 6-string, and I was hearing a lot lower notes in there than A sharp...I think I heard some G sharp in there, which would make sense if he were indeed using a baritone.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Quote by GeetarAbuse
Does John Petrucci use a 7-string in the studio version of "Panic Attack"? When I saw the live version of that song on the Gigantour DVD, he was using an Ernie Ball Axis baritone 6-string, and I was hearing a lot lower notes in there than A sharp...I think I heard some G sharp in there, which would make sense if he were indeed using a baritone.

yes, he actually does use a 6-string. But you can just tune a 7-string down tuned to Bb/A# and have the same notes. I can play the song and a Bb is as low as it goes.

edit-- he uses a lot of low inverted chords that could make it sound lower
Quote by Captain_Kickass