ok heres the deal i own a ibanez ARX300 and its an amazing guitar but i need to switch the pickups and im looking at seymour duncan distortions (sh-6) or dimarzio evo bridge, im playing metalcore/hardcore/metal and im also doing some clean parts and if you suggest another pickups (NO EMGS) lemme hear it because im open to pretty much everything (NO EMGS)
becuase i dont like them......dont even ask........i got zapped and it wasnt fun........ ive had soo many people try to convince me that there good but i dont like them

ibanez 65 watt tone blaster X and its the non-digital one
new amp, then pickups

you wont notice the pickups playing though an ss tone blaster
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Pickups will probably improve your tone a bit, but they aren't going to do anything earth-shatterning. Probably go Distortion/Jazz.

Actually, a better idea...go Swineshead

X-bucker bridge, Runaway neck.

www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Bridge: GFS Crunchy Rails
Neck: Alnico FAT PAF

I realize they're 'cheaper' but GFS pickups are on par with Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, or EMG in my book (I've used them, I've wired them, etc).

They're good $h!t.

EDIT: Quit dissing amps you retards. People would've told me that with my Crate RFX120 that changing pickups would make "little tonal difference" when it's actually night and day.
Last edited by RadioMuse at Sep 29, 2007,
and yes i will because my friend has the exact same guitar pretty much and he switched the pickups to seymour and he brought it over and we compared the two guitars.....and WOW theres a huge differnce in sound the one with seymours sounds more dynamic and and can make a more metal sound then mine
Go with the Swineys and you can get yourself TWO hand-wound pickups for the price of one mass-produced one- we get stung something rotten for Dimarzios and Duncans in the UK.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

whats the link and also i live in western canada soooo you gotta watch the shiping charges and stuff and make it something that isnt soo much out of the ordinary because ill have to pretty much buy the pickups locally.
Oh - ignore me then, I have no idea whhy I thought you were in the UK...must have got my posts crossed
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

hahahahahahaha lol ya im like the only good metal head guitarist in my city who can actually play so im in soo many bands right now and there all telling me to get new pickups so there going to get me some and i just want some other peoples opinion
I'm going to say a couple things that are not necessarily popular. The pickups in the ARX are better than you think. Plug it in to a tube combo if you don't believe me. Changing pickups may make a little difference, but right now I don't think its worth it. Your main problem is your amp. Until you upgrade pickup changes are premature. For gigging you need a better amp. I certainly share your opinion about EMG's. The only thing that shocks me about them is how bland they sound.
hahaha no what happend is that since there a little bit of eletricity in them i was putting my mouth up to the mic and ZAP i fell down and the place wasnt grounded...... it was a old venue.....i used my friends mesa....."drooled all ove it and it will probly be my next thing i buy but ill have to save up for a couple of years and also how much is a dual rectifier and it can be on usd becuase out canadian dollor is just over one dollor american (BURN)

and dude i dont have the good artist series guitar i have ach-1 pickups i think not the super 58's
I have ACH's in my AS73. They are medium output ceramics. They are not that bad, but can get a little muddy on the neck pickup. I can see why you might want to change them for metal. I play blues and classic rock so they work good for me. I sure would like to have an ARX. They look sweet.
yaaa there pretty sweet i might post a pic but after thinking about it i think ill need a new amp and also the sound on the ibanez website is nothing like mine, i can make mine have a nu-metal metallic sound but not scooped but really nice and i get a sweet distortion at low volumes and at high volumes its pretty dam sweet but a warning dont listen to it through headphones.....it scared me and can anyone give me a price range of a mesa boogie dual rectifier?