Well I must say that for my budget, this will be perfect for me. The Agile AL-3000 Prestige & Palomino V6. I tried the AL-2800 and it was amazing. This baby just seems like an upgrade of material. Just a few questions.

1: How will the set sound clean? Very nice for Classic Rock, Rock, and a little punk?

2: What effects should I look into for mostly Rock & Classic Rock? I was thinking Original Dunlop Wah & Boss Distortion.

3: How good do you think the pickups on it are? I hear they should be pretty damn good for what I want, but for how long?

Link: http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000prest.html

Thanks for all the help you guys have given me in my search.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
The V8 will do everything you want, don't bother with a distortion pedal. The guitar should work fine for your needs aswell, it is a LP copy.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Sep 29, 2007,
Really now? Well thats definitely good news. Thanks.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Im sure ive seen this thread about 3 times? Ive never played an agile ( UK dont have them) otherwise i would have answered but i swear ive seen this recently
Quote by elekguit
Really now? Well thats definitely good news. Thanks.

Agile seems to be on par with Epi LP models, so it should be fine, maybe a pickup swap would be in order down the road. The reason I said for you not to buy a distortion pedal, is that I find that the distortion pedal takes away from the organic tube sound WAY too much, look into getting a transparent OD pedal if you want more gain while keeping the tube sound.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
OD is gonna be in order for more than classic rock distortion. Tubescreamer maybe. As for wah, if u want a good one, id say a Vox Clyde McCoy is within reason. otherwise, a good wah could cost more than the 5w Crate.
Quote by qotsa1998
OD is gonna be in order for more than classic rock distortion. Tubescreamer maybe. As for wah, if u want a good one, id say a Vox Clyde McCoy is within reason. otherwise, a good wah could cost more than the 5w Crate.

Yup the Vox V847 and the V848 are pretty good, I have the V848, try them out at a store.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I think that setup of agile lp + palomino should sound really good by itself for most types of rock. The crybaby 535Q is a really good wah for a lot of stuff but i haven't tried any vox wahs. And you won't need a distortion pedal to get classic rock out of the amp.
Thanks guys. I'll need to try those Vox Wahs. I've played with Dunlop's but maybe these will give me a new experience.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
ha, the vox will change your life O_O

well, compared to a really crappy crybaby
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Really crappy? Oh that was harsh. I happen to really like them. Oh well, to each his own.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by elekguit
Really crappy? Oh that was harsh. I happen to really like them. Oh well, to each his own.

Just go and try the Vox you'll see.

Nothing against crybabys, never actually played one so I can't comment on that, but those Vox wahs are great.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I have an AL-2800 and a Palomino V16, and a Bad Monkey OD.

I haven't had the chance to crank the palomino yet, but I'm very pleased. The cleans are good, and I can push it to about The Darkness level distortion in my room (with the OD). I'm really happy with my Agile too. Enjoy your rig, man.
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
^Thats excellent news for me bro. I'm looking for good cleans. I will certainly try Vox Wah's. But damn they get pricey compared to the Dunlops.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Last edited by elekguit at Sep 29, 2007,
Quote by elekguit

i had a feeling that would get read in the wrong way.

i meant the 'original' crybaby is really crappy. the 535q is decent, but the original and classic ones (stock) are terrible.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008