Okay guys im looking for a new acoustic guitar, but have no idea what to get. i need some ideas. i wont a steel string. i play a lot of fingerstyle stuff, like any mckee, erik mongain, sam beam. i really like lowden guitars, but my price range is $1000. oh i love the classical style body, but like i said i wont a steel string. i do not want an ovation, that is out of the question!
Check out Taylors. Martins are excellent as well. And see if u can find a picture of ur artists and see what they play. that should help.
Quote by The7thStone
Look at the 750 range Martins...theyre perfect for u kind style

Won't be getting much of a Martin for $750 I'm afraid. Check into Breedlove, Alvarez. For 1K, you can get yourself one hell of a great guitar.
You can get beautiful tone out of a mid-range Taylor, and when I tried fingerpicking on one, I thought the string spacing was quite comfortable for avoiding that accidental muting that gives me so much trouble.
Quote by chipsahoy
You don't like the smell of some other guy's poop? Hmmm...smells like home to me.
i have a 550 martin. and i picked it from a wall of martins ranging from $100 () to $3000 martins. i liked it because mine is a 000x1, which is a little smaller, thus resonating higher harmonics and making it overall harmonically richer and brighter. i like brighter acoustics. its good for finger picking too.

so yea. might not wanna look down on the $500 range martins. they got good stuff for you.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
The only good small body martin I know of for under $1000 is the OOO-15 and I don't know for sure if they are still making it. If they do then that is what I would suggest. There were 2 versions of the 000-15. 1 of them had a spruce top with rosewood back and sides which is the best all around guitar. The more common mahogany version had a mahogany top, back, and sides and it was a little quieter was very nice for folk, fingerpicking, and alternate tunings.

Other brands to look into would be takamine, larrivee, and alvarez. They all make very nice solid wood guitars in the price range you are looking at.

I would suggest you stay well away from the Martin X searies and anything taylor. The X searies is junk and the taylor guitars in the $800-$1000 price range should realy be in the $300-$500 price range so you don't get much bang for your buck.
Not taking any online orders.