I was thinking of getting the Schecter Stiletto Studio-5 Bass. Is it good? Pictures? It would help if I got advice from people who own it.
don't even question not getting one.
you like poser metal bands, but don't question not getting this bass.
I own the 4 string and I must say it is great. Light on the shoulder, great fret access, fast neck, and the EMG's humbuckers get more varied tone than others *cough*fitzy*cough* would say. Go for it.
Tragedy that was a mean comment but yes get the Bass.
Quote by amitbob21
ok im a noob at slapping. Is it my strings or do i just suck at slapping? I have a squier fender J bass(im a noob). Im thinking of getting Ibanez GSR200

Quote by CheekanWofls
Practice on your wife
I have a Studio 5 and love it! I can get almost any tone I want with the 4-band EQ and it plays very nice. Looks great too. There's a link to a nice big picture of it in my sig if you need pics.

Quote by TragedyxLLBD

I dont think System is trying to be "poser metal," I was always under the impression that they were carving their own trail.
Last edited by __Ronnie__ at Sep 29, 2007,
Quote by TragedyxLLBD

no need for that unnecessary bit about metal bands.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by __Ronnie__
I have a Studio 5 and love it! I can get almost any tone I want with the 4-band EQ and it plays very nice.

I'm pretty sure it has a 3 band EQ, a volume, and a blend knob..?
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Last edited by Your41Plague12 at Sep 30, 2007,
Buy it, now.

i played one in soundcontrol and it was very nice, extreeeemly smooth neck. my only complaint would be the HZ's though, prolly cos im used to actives but they just sounded a bit muddy. might have been the amp though.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by bodomfan666
Buy it, now.

i played one in soundcontrol and it was very nice, extreeeemly smooth neck. my only complaint would be the HZ's though, prolly cos im used to actives but they just sounded a bit muddy. might have been the amp though.

I'd have to say it was the amp, I'm playing a Stiletto Elite 5 through a GK Backline 600 and an Ampeg SVT810E and it's as clear as a bell. They're just as clear as the actives, to me. Solid pickups in my opinion.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

I think i might get one too...
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by Your41Plague12
I'm pretty sure it has a 3 band EQ, a volume, and a blend knob..?

Oops sorry, typo. Meant to say 3-Band EQ.
GET THE CUSTOM!!!

i have a custom and its awesome, but I've heard good things about the studio as well.
Schecter makes some damn fine basses. I guess it makes up for their sh*t guitars
Quote by jsbassboy
GET THE CUSTOM!!!

i have a custom and its awesome, but I've heard good things about the studio as well.
Schecter makes some damn fine basses. I guess it makes up for their sh*t guitars

The studio is much nicer than the custom, being that it's neck thru, has a 3 band EQ, and a nicer bridge (if i remember right).
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

Basically any of the Stilettos are solid basses. Between the Custom and Studio...it's all preference really. They say that too much with music, but it's true 97% of the time.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by system_cky
I was thinking of getting the Schecter Stiletto Studio-5 Bass. Is it good? Pictures? It would help if I got advice from people who own it.

Um...Shouldn't you know what it looks like already?

But, yes they are very good.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by system_cky
I wanted DETAILED pictures...
BUT WHATEVER...

So go to a shop. And look at it.

Dude...your threads never make sense.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
I purchased one as my first (non-borrowed) Bass (5 string Stilletto). Awsome play and sexy look! Now I am looking for a second beater to practice on... I LOVE IT!!!
Why did you revive a 6 month old thread?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1