So I like Rammstein and want to learn some of there songs, but some of them are CGCF. So what is that like two steps down? How would I find it on a crappy tunner?
Is C like E Flat Flat? Thanks!
C is D double flat, F is G double flat. Don't know if a crappy tuner would do double flats though, get a better one or use your ear to tune.
Quote by mattvl
C is D double flat, F is G double flat. Don't know if a crappy tuner would do double flats though, get a better one or use your ear to tune.

Luckily it does 4 flats.
To avoid using the crappy tuner too much:

1. Tune it to standard
2. to tune the 'E' to a 'C', bring it down until the 9th fret on the 'e' string sounds like your 'a' string.
3. Tune your 'A' string to the 7th fret on your 'E' (now 'C') string
4. Tune your 'D' string to the 5th fret of your 'A' (now 'G') string
5. Tune your 'G' string to the 5th fret of your 'D' (now 'C') string

Presto. Instant CGCF..
without having to worry about what is a double flat.

(If any of this is wrong, someone please note the errors.. but I'm pretty sure its right)
drop C would be like E Flat Flat Flat Flat, and the other strings 2 flats. (2 full steps on the E, 1 full step on the other strings)
Quote by SteelToedGirl
To avoid using the crappy tuner too much:

1. Tune it to standard
2. to tune the 'E' to a 'C', bring it down until the 9th fret on the 'e' string sounds like your 'a' string.
3. Tune your 'A' string to the 7th fret on your 'E' (now 'C') string
4. Tune your 'D' string to the 5th fret of your 'A' (now 'G') string
5. Tune your 'G' string to the 5th fret of your 'D' (now 'C') string

Presto. Instant CGCF..
without having to worry about what is a double flat.

(If any of this is wrong, someone please note the errors.. but I'm pretty sure its right)

It's theoretically right, but the change in tension from the neck on the strings will mean they're all out of tune when you finish tuning like this.

TS, best way would be to play 4th fret on thickest string and tune that note to low E, then 2nd fret across other strings to their normal tuning, then check each string again until tuning settles.
Quote by Yevaud
It's theoretically right, but the change in tension from the neck on the strings will mean they're all out of tune when you finish tuning like this.

TS, best way would be to play 4th fret on thickest string and tune that note to low E, then 2nd fret across other strings to their normal tuning, then check each string again until tuning settles.

that method is also very dependant on your intonation.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
that method is also very dependant on your intonation.

Touchè. But if your intonation is that far out around the 2nd fret I'd doubt tuning would be your number one problem