Since I'm spending most of my money on a new accoustic guitar and I don't really NEED a bass amp right away, I was thinking about getting a headphone bass amp jsut for the sake of practicing.

One that I found is this at guitar center: http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/C-Tech-Pocket-RockIt-S1b-Standard-Bass-Headphone-Amp?full_sku=151082

I don't need anything with amazing quality, as it's only for the sake of practice without having to play obnoxiously loud without anything. (not to mention me playing that hard kinda throws my strings out of tune quicker >.< I hate tuning strings.. its so annoying)

Has anyone used this/something like this and can vouch for its quality vs. how much I'm paying or is there something else you've used around the same price range that is good?

I'm going to guitar center tomorrow so I'll be able to test run at least this, but if there's something better someplace else, lemme know.
For another $30 you could afford a Crate BT15. I'm sure you'd like that better. Its actually not to shabby of an amp. Still has the headphone jack if you want it.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_crate_bt15_bass_combo?full_sku=102640554
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Hmn... I think I'll check that out, too.. It seems like a better deal for just four more hours of work. (I judge all things I buy based on how many hours it will take me to get the money..)
Trust me, you'll get frustrated going without a real amp after a while. I tried, but finally got the crate. Don't go with any of the other tiny bass amps though. Like the Peavy. The crate is the best one out there for the price. I the four-band EQ has ruined me too. I'll never play on a bass amp with out at least four bands.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Also, of you have a decent set of PC speakers with a sub, you could plug it into your mic input jack on your PC. I do this all the time with my EBS DI box. Useful for playing along with YouTube videos and CDs.
if you dont want to buy an amp you can just get a jack converter and play through you pc's speakers.. you need to download a program to do that though, i always forget the name of it.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by bodomfan666
if you dont want to buy an amp you can just get a jack converter and play through you pc's speakers.. you need to download a program to do that though, i always forget the name of it.

Nearly any OS? You can usually put the input monitor on through volume controls.