if i take the strings off my guitar to change pick ups will the floyd go unbalanced?if so is it easy to re-balance?i search and found nothing relitive
If you know what you're doing...yes. If you know what you're doing SOMEWHAT...could take a few dozen minutes. And if you have no clue wtf you're doing.....

Take it to a decent prices pro.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Block the trem if you are removing all the strings at once. If your changing one at a time you won't have any issues. If you don't block the trem the Floyd will cave into its trem cavity and its a real *itch to get out sometimes.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
That may be difficult to do with only one pair of hands. Block it off with a pencil or two so that it won't cave in on you and you'll be fine.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
no they arnt hard to set up, although they can be time consuming.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P1c-7-VMY_w

that video is usually in german but they redid for english. they have some great tips and ideas of making restringing your guitar a lot easier.

There are several videos on youtube. Just search for floyd rose setup or set up a floyd rose
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial