I'm like a moderatly good guitar player, i have the ability to play more complicated things but struggle to learn new thigns now i'm not getting lessons [but i can after a bi of hard work ] but that doesn't matter...

What i wanted to ask was for some help with a band i'm in. I, personally, have never had any luck with bands i dunno if its me or the people i choose to make a band with or what i dunno but regardless bands never seem to go right. And as you may have guessed the band i'm currently in isn't working out either.

When the band was first formed it was me and like my best firend [he sung i was guitar] he isn't a majorly good singer but yeah who cares, so we intened to make a heavy grunge band like silverchair, nirvana crossed with metallica and some aspects of slipknot [works in my head ] Anyway original things were good we quickly found a song to practice [Cats in the cradle - by ugly kid joe] we weren't very tight originally but after a bit of practice things got better. Then we found a drummer [who's amazing at drumming] and had our first practice session...it was so sh*t you wouldn't believe it... Our singer couldn't impovise words or hum or anything, the drummer was immensly out of my leaugue but we had a few good improvised songs together then just left.

The problem is that as a band we don't communicate at f*cking all... I try but something always stops us practising together, and ontop of that i don't get the happy feeling where the band is the only thing i think about like i usually do with previous bands... So i just need some advice, should i just quit the band and try and find another, get us to practice as a band at any costs, or just leave things and see how it all goes? I don't know so yeah any help will do. TA!
Quote by clu291
I'm like a moderatly good guitar player, i have the ability to play more complicated things but struggle to learn new thigns now i'm not getting lessons [but i can after a bi of hard work ] but that doesn't matter...

What i wanted to ask was for some help with a band i'm in. I, personally, have never had any luck with bands i dunno if its me or the people i choose to make a band with or what i dunno but regardless bands never seem to go right. And as you may have guessed the band i'm currently in isn't working out either.

When the band was first formed it was me and like my best firend [he sung i was guitar] he isn't a majorly good singer but yeah who cares, so we intened to make a heavy grunge band like silverchair, nirvana crossed with metallica and some aspects of slipknot [works in my head ] Anyway original things were good we quickly found a song to practice [Cats in the cradle - by ugly kid joe] we weren't very tight originally but after a bit of practice things got better. Then we found a drummer [who's amazing at drumming] and had our first practice session...it was so sh*t you wouldn't believe it... Our singer couldn't impovise words or hum or anything, the drummer was immensly out of my leaugue but we had a few good improvised songs together then just left.

The problem is that as a band we don't communicate at f*cking all... I try but something always stops us practising together, and ontop of that i don't get the happy feeling where the band is the only thing i think about like i usually do with previous bands... So i just need some advice, should i just quit the band and try and find another, get us to practice as a band at any costs, or just leave things and see how it all goes? I don't know so yeah any help will do. TA!

my band are like sheep they never make any suggestions or even talk to each other when i leave the room. I just compose full songs on guitar pro and just get them to learn stuff (even tho i play drums in the band)

if your band has no chemistry like mine you need to take the lead.
you have to have good relationships with your members
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
if your having problems getting the band togther, then i suggest the following;

a.) offer free food

b.) say "if you guys come to practice all the time and we get really good! we can play at gigs and get laid!" (works most of the time)

and no i'm not joking. :l
Go solo. Get a keyboard so you can do drums bass and *keyboards* yourself. Then you don't have to worry about "artistic differences" either.
every band has crap times.
look at them like a test. it gets better just stick with it.
pretty much exactly the same thing happened with me.
we were in the same rut as you are not long ago
but now we have a 10 track CD and about 40 gigs under our belt.
not bad for a band been together for about a year...?
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
kick out your singer, and go duet with the drummer
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
I would like to go solo actually but i'm a **** singer and get embarressed singing in public anyway [but i love it]

I might try the food idea...

And i have loads of songs i've written flanged about so yeah i suppose i should stop waiting for everyone to tell me what to do...from now on its MY band, bi-atch

I do have a most good relationship with the singer, but the drummer i barely know but he is cool and think i'd class him as a friend so yeah that might be a problem.

Thanks for the advice so far i'll use it all keep move advice coming
danielrobbyshor all that in a year? wow man, well done.

Jesus you guys are amazing i spent five minutes writing a message and two more replies popped up thanks a load
If you can't live without playing with a band, stick with this one until a better opportunity comes along, or if you can, just quit until you find a better band. Talking to your band about your feelings can also help...you might find some common ground, and re-light the musical spark.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic