Okay, I got an old strat second hand. It says Fender on the headstock in silver letters outlined in black and on the round part of the headstock in small letters it says squire series. Its MIK and its sn starts with a CN. Cream color with rosewood fretboard. I like it, I've gotta redo the electronics though. Could someone give me some info on this? Possibly how old it is and if its any good.
thanks, I didnt think of that

looks like its a 92...which means its as old as I am. Cool, I thought it was late 80's but this is kinda cooler.

Edit: Just saw you're headline...I feel like a little kid now
Last edited by livrockdie at Sep 29, 2007,
Quote by livrockdie
thanks, I didnt think of that

looks like its a 92...which means its as old as I am. Cool, I thought it was late 80's but this is kinda cooler.

Edit: Just saw you're headline...I feel like a little kid now

Thanks reminding me of my age.
I wasnt concerned with what its worth. I'm planning on getting a new pickguard for it (the original is cut for a humbucker and its got holes drilled in it) putting the neck and mid from my MIM and putting a dimarzio sc hum I have in there. I just have to get new pots. The switch is fine.

I'm gonna use push pull pots to split the bridge and maybe add a neck on switch.

So its not gonna be a retro s/s/s strat, but it'll be close.
Last edited by livrockdie at Sep 30, 2007,
Quote by convictionless
wow i just read that because i have a squire and i found out its an old one......made in the usa WOW DOES THIS MEAN IM A MILLIONAIRE lol no but seriously what is it worth

I'd try to find out more about it then post the description on the Fender Forum as well as a JV Squier forum (there are a couple, just google.) My guess is that they are collectable. I wouldn't get rid of it. I wasn't even aware that they had ever been made in the US until I saw Wiki. I have verified that there were some US made but scanty info after that.
aw man...I just took the neck off (cleaning the body, its a little messed up) and it was shimmed with a little piece of sandpaper...and I think the body is plywood...