Ok, so i'm learning Crossroads by Cream, and pretty much every song I try to learn, I come to a roadblock and can't figure out what to do. Maybe someone can help me how to play this part in the first solo. Here's the riff.

E:--------------5---------------------
A:-----5-----5---8p5----5----------
D:-----5h6------------7------5h7p5-------

Right where the 5's are bolded. I don't know how to play it. I can't sweep it because it's too fast and I can't let go of my other finger fast enough and it sounds like a chord, and I can't alternate pick because it's to fast. What should I do in this situation?

EDIT: Also, when I alternate pick something fast, when I let go of the sting that I just played, it always sounds like a pull off to an open string. How can I stop this?
Last edited by guitarplayer211 at Sep 29, 2007,
I think he's talking about the picking.
XBL Gamertag: toasty10
Practice the motion slowly until you can alternate pick or economy (sweep) pick it. There's no special trick. Same with your second question, just work on making it perfect.
u just play it... no need to mute it... let it ring out.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
My best suggestion would be to bar the 5th fret.

Or practice it slowly to get your fingers accustomed to the song. Then move faster each time.
what kinda sound do u have? turn down the gain, and clean it up so it doesn't sound sloppy.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard