Page 1 of 2
Yes, I love it
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Yes, it is one of the best things on earth.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
love it =]
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Quote by recklessnick
88 fingers louie anyone?
Yes

Lifetime is great too
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Can someone explain the difference between pop-punk and melodic hardcore, and list some bands?

I've heard Propagandhi described as pop-punk, but Bad Religion described as melodic hardcore, but these two bands sound pretty similar to me. There are countless examples like that.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
Can someone explain the difference between pop-punk and melodic hardcore, and list some bands?

I've heard Propagandhi described as pop-punk, but Bad Religion described as melodic hardcore, but these two bands sound pretty similar to me. There are countless examples like that.

i dont think propagandhi or bad religion are melodic hardcore.

melodic hardcore is kinda just like old school hardcore punk, but in singing form.
and the drum beats are almost consistently d-beat or fast. with melodic guitar riffs too.

pop punk = the descendents, ramones, screeching weasel
melodic hardcore = dag nasty, rise against, comeback kid, strike anywhere, kid dynamite
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia

There was a thread about this a while ago. Most of us agreed that "melodic hardcore" is just a faster variation of pop-punk, and that it isn't a very useful term.
Rise Against? Seriously?

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
Rise Against? Seriously?

yes rise against, seriously. u probably only watched their music videos to ask that question
^ Yeah, I've only heard a couple of their songs. I like them, but I never thought they were considered "punk" or hardcore

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
thats what i thought at first. but seeing the stuff they sing about, there is no other genre u can put them in except melodic hardcore. listen to their first 2 albums, they include their faster materials
^ Noted. I've been meaning to check them out further.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
i actually cheked out rise against a bit ago, they are melo-hardcore, and pretty good too, minus their newer stuff IMO.

husker du is the bomb.

can anyone reccomend husker du-type bands?
Quote by original=punk
i actually cheked out rise against a bit ago, they are melo-hardcore, and pretty good too, minus their newer stuff IMO.

husker du is the bomb.

can anyone reccomend husker du-type bands?

Husker Du isn't melodic hardcore at all...
yes. yes they are.

Bane, Stretch Arm Strong, Death before Dishonor, all good bands.

while we're on the topic,

do the Lawrence Arms classify as melodic hardcore in your opinion?
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
It always twist my nipples that whenever melodic hardcore is brought up, everyone says Kid Dynamite. Kid Dynamite were just pieces of the much better band, Lifetime. I have nothing against Kid, but Lifetime is just so much better. I almost saw them over the summer.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Rise Against and Strike Anywhere the best 2 imo.

I haven't heard a bad song from RA - the lyrics and the music fit so well they also write some of the best lyrics I've heard. Even the newer album in my opinion, is greatly written but more punk rock than melodic hardcore it's just got really good recording quality.

No Trigger and New Mexican Disaster Squad are notably good bands as well.
A Wilhelm Scream, Strung Out, and No Trigger literally pwn this genre.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Quote by I_Pwn
It always twist my nipples that whenever melodic hardcore is brought up, everyone says Kid Dynamite. Kid Dynamite were just pieces of the much better band, Lifetime. I have nothing against Kid, but Lifetime is just so much better. I almost saw them over the summer.
Agreed
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
Rise Against and Strike Anywhere the best 2 imo.

I haven't heard a bad song from RA - the lyrics and the music fit so well they also write some of the best lyrics I've heard. Even the newer album in my opinion, is greatly written but more punk rock than melodic hardcore it's just got really good recording quality.

No Trigger and New Mexican Disaster Squad are notably good bands as well.
Rise Againsts new fans are destroying them for me. If I have one more person tell me how great The Sufferer and the Witness is I'm gunna ****ing snap
I was wearing a Rise Against shirt once and this girl came up to me and was like "Oh I love them". She was cute so, I started talking about them with her and I asked what her favorite songs were (it was a mistake). She proceeded to list the singles from the Sufferer and the Witness. I asked if she's heard thier older stuff like off of SSotCC or Revolutions Per Minute. She said yes but that she prefers the newer stuff.

Why can't cute girls appreciate good music?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Last edited by element4433 at Sep 30, 2007,
Quote by element4433

cause they're too busy always being high and listening to what west 49, pac sun, and much music have to say about music.

/bitterness.
Quote by element4433
AgreedRise Againsts new fans are destroying them for me. If I have one more person tell me how great The Sufferer and the Witness is I'm gunna ****ing snap
I was wearing a Rise Against shirt once and this girl came up to me and was like "Oh I love them". She was cute so, I started talking about them with her and I asked what her favorite songs were (it was a mistake). She proceeded to list the singles from the Sufferer and the Witness. I asked if she's heard thier older stuff like off of SSotCC or Revolutions Per Minute. She said yes but that she prefers the newer stuff.

haha tell me about it, but you've just gotta ignore those kind of people. But, seriously the sufferrer and the witness is still a great album just not as good as the unraveling or revolutions
would anti-flag and the unseen be considered melodic hardcore
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Unseen are streetpunk. Well they were. Now they are generic boring same riff used 10 times same progression used 1000 times punk
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
The Unseen are maybe slightly influenced by hardcore but Anti-flag? Please.

dude. anti-flag used to be a kickass hardcore band. Die For the Government. that album ****in rules.
I like both new and old Rise Against

let's see here

Strike Anywhere
A Wilhelm scream
Comeback kid

yeah, the usual
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
haha tell me about it, but you've just gotta ignore those kind of people. But, seriously the sufferrer and the witness is still a great album just not as good as the unraveling or revolutions
The Sufferer and the Witness is Rise Againsts weakest album, but it's still pretty good. There are songs I skip, and I don't really do that with the other albums. It says alot for them that their weakest album is better than most popular bands best.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

comeback kid's new album..... is a disapointed, they are one of my fav bands. they took it to a slower side, the old singer could scream words much faster than the new dude.

the unseen are playing better than ever. in the past, it was just chords chords chords. now they are writing better riffs. anti-flag is leaning towards pop-punk if you ask me. and the unseen is leaning towards hardcore punk
Quote by I_Pwn
I have nothing against Kid, but Lifetime is just so much better. I almost saw them over the summer.

yeah dude, but then again, they reunited and signed with fall out boy's vanity label. and i swear every band on that label is aweful. i havent heard their latest album though. hope it doesnt inlcude pop rock that you can dance to.

88 fingers louie pawns both bands
Quote by recklessnick
yeah dude, but then again, they reunited and signed with fall out boy's vanity label. and i swear every band on that label is aweful. i havent heard their latest album though. hope it doesnt inlcude pop rock that you can dance to.

88 fingers louie pawns both bands

The new album is awesome.

88 Fingers Louie sucks. They don't even compare to Lifetime or Kid Dynamite.
Page 1 of 2