yo
ive been playing about 6 years with no problems
aside from the occasional frustration at trying to play vai songs:L

anyway
earlier i was composing a two handed tapping thing
for about 10 minutes when i got a pain on the inside of my wrist on my fretting hand
so i stopped

put ice on it
went to sleep for a a while

it doesnt hurt now
but still feels a little weird

is this serious?
it could be serious. i would take it easy for a couple of weeks, and if the pain flares up again go see a doctor. it might not be serious now but it could turn into carpal tunnel syndrome or something.
Quote by shmeegle

is this serious?
There's no substitute for a medical opinion but there are a number of things you can do to help with wrist pain, Repetitive Strain Injury, etc.

Take a look at Eight (8) Ways to Combat Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) for some ideas.

Regards,

Robert
Last edited by ririzarry at Mar 31, 2009,
Try feeling around for a bone sticking out on the inside of your wrist where it meets the palm of your hand, same thing happens when writing stuff with a pen. If you feel the bone a little bit, push it around a little and you will feel it pop into place and the pain should be gone. chyropractic tips
"I dont know whats gonna happen, but I tell you this man. I wanna get my kicks before the whole sh** house goes up in flames"- Jim Morrison
This wrist pain doesn't seem to be that serious at all. If it still feels like there might be something wrong, talk to a doctor or something.
Sent from my iPad.