and i got an esp LTD ax-400, What do you guys think? i play metal and im using a spider 2 2x12 150 watt combo amp.
cool beans
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by macaroni
like the guitar. not the amp

Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!

i demand pics!
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by masterofeedback
Whats the hatred with the spiders, there are loads worse out there, mg crates need i say more.

Crates>Spiders
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Congrats on the guitar. Next upgrade: amp. You'll be alright for a while, enjoy yourself.
Quote by masterofeedback
Whats the hatred with the spiders, there are loads worse out there, mg crates need i say more.

Yeah I mean can you imagine playing a Fender Gibson Les Paul through an MG crate?
Quote by macaroni
like the guitar. not the amp

same here.

but they get hated on more than they deserve

Jack my swag
why are you lot so obessed with gear to give you your tone, try the fingers it makes more diffrence than the bloody amps.
not my preference of a guitar, but its nice and looks like it would play great
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by masterofeedback
why are you lot so obessed with gear to give you your tone, try the fingers it makes more diffrence than the bloody amps.

Thats a load of ****. So your saying that you're fingers can make a fender champ play death metal aswell as a high gain boogie, or a high gain boogie play blues aswell as a fender champ?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
Thats a load of ****. So your saying that you're fingers can make a fender champ play death metal aswell as a high gain boogie, or a high gain boogie play blues aswell as a fender champ?
He's not saying that, but yes your fingers have a lot to do with tone. I could have the same exact guitar, amp, lead, pick, strings, settings, everything and i'd still have a different tone. People have wider/thinner fingers, longer/smaller, ect.
^^ I don't think he was trying to say that. I think he meant that people so much time focusing on their amp that they forget about the dynamics of their playing (picking, fretting, etc..) which can them a much better "signature" tone...

EDIT: that's meant for zekk...
Well gear-wise, amp definitely makes up most of your tone. The first thing you need to learn about gear is that a $250 guitar through a $1000 amp sounds a lot better than a $1000 guitar through a $250 amp.

Playing wise, you really need to learn your rhythm. I have a friend who can learn songs easy as that, but his rhythm is still off so it doesn't sound as good, and his improvising sounds jittery.

But then again in the kind not to dive into the insane technicalities of guitar, I just sit down and play.
ok yes the champ/boogie thing is a good point, but what i mean is there are so many gear heads out there who either buy quality (cos they think it makes them sound better) or buy crap (cos it makes them look good) when u might as well buy ok stuff like some of the line 6 and work on techinque.
actuly to add, i am gonna be a little hypocrit and buy a new amp like an tiny terror or something, but i still love the spider just cos i learned to play though it and i liked the tone then.
Quote by masterofeedback

A lot of guitarists don't like digital amps.
yeah thanks for that perhaps i should have some im chat with u so ic an get more of the bleeding ovious
Quote by masterofeedback
yeah thanks for that perhaps i should have some im chat with u so ic an get more of the bleeding ovious

"bleeding ovious" questions will get "bleeding ovious" answers.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Fender Gibson Les Paul

Fail...however I will put it down to a mistake =)

To the TS - congrats on new guitar. I don't like the shape of the AX very much (it's the BC Rich look-a-like?) but nice guitar all the same.
Quote by masterofeedback

Fingers do shape tone yes, but if why hinder yourself, when an amp like spider, wont capture your playing nuances and fretboard articulation and let it shine through?

If you wanna talk about tone from fingers, then pretty darn well get an amp that makes that "tone from fingers" come through.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
esps look allot like jacksons but yeah i like them and i got a 15 watt crate and they are nice mine goes really loud for a 15
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Crates>Spiders

Spider > Crate FXT and GT
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Ki'
"bleeding ovious" questions will get "bleeding ovious" answers.

sorry its just we had establised your point days ago