I'm interested in downloading some music. Who, for you guys, has the best lyric/melody combo?

Most really good lyricists that i know of can't really sing that well, or their melodies aren't that crash hot. [eg. leonard cohen]

I want something instrumentally sound as well...

I guess I'm just looking for an all round awesome band - stuff along the lines of Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Tool etc.

I want lyrics that are abstract, open to intepretation.

Thanks
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
if you like Tool, you might like Meshuggah, they toured together.

try Shed, you can find it on youtube
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Killswitch
Fender 12-string Acoustic
Fender Champion300 (to be changed soon to a Tube Amp)
Ibanez TS-9 Overdrive pedal
Boss PW-10 pedal
Last edited by alex3996 at Sep 29, 2007,
Abstract lyricism and memorable melodies?

Muse, my friend.

Weezer's Maladroit has abstract lyrics and memorable melodies, but the lyrics are awful. Same thing for System of a Down.
hmm i would say to try dredg their lyrics are very poetic, and their singer is pretty melodic, in my eyes their instrumentals are pretty good, im not entirely sure if you will like it, but that is your opinion.
I know everyones opinion is split on them, you either love them or hate them (pernsonaly there my FAVORITE band of all time) but coheed and cambria's lyrics are very deep and intresting, wheter you are wanting to follow there back story and the novel there based from or not, and Claudio can sing like a mother f#%cker, not just high, but in lower registers too, aslo i think he is the king of melodies. and if you dont like the singin there musicianship is top knotch. i unno take a look at some of there songs, and not just the popular ones, listin to songs from all there albums, and then judge, you might get into them , and might not.
Quote by rage__against10
I know everyones opinion is split on them, you either love them or hate them (pernsonaly there my FAVORITE band of all time) but coheed and cambria's lyrics are very deep and intresting, wheter you are wanting to follow there back story and the novel there based from or not, and Claudio can sing like a mother f#%cker, not just high, but in lower registers too, aslo i think he is the king of melodies. and if you dont like the singin there musicianship is top knotch. i unno take a look at some of there songs, and not just the popular ones, listin to songs from all there albums, and then judge, you might get into them , and might not.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
i look down at my hands,
like they were mirrors.