im making my own bass peice. its going to have 4 tracks all bass... one is keeping the rythem riff the whole way through, one is the melody, the other tweo are harmonies.

im trying to make it kinda build up like the cannon in D

kind of a classical feel.

any composition or harmony advice would be greatly appreciated

P.s

ive looked at alot of the stuff on here and study bass for theory and harmony and all that jazz

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
i definatly will, i think i finished writing it on guitar pro, i jsut have to record it properly and my mom has my bass.....bitch

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Sounds like fun! IMO, keep each part fairly simple so there's space for each part to be heard. That would be suitable for a cannon; baroque stlye especially. For later classical stlye like say, Bach, try making the 'bass' part an ostinato of a simple riff. Put a descant somewhere in the middle, then a melody and harmony part, like you say.
Composing like that is a great way to learn and consolidate. Post it when it's done?
i tihnk im pretty much done but its in wave format and on the crappy guitar pro midi ****....
i basically did that format, one very basic track keeping the main riff type thing then a simple melody that graduatly gets a little bit more complex then some harmonies....its pretty short tho......... any one kno how i can turn that midi wav file into a mp3 so i can upload it

Download Audacity and the mp3 encoder DLL that it has linked on the website, then you can convert midi/wav to mp3
Quote by charvel_man
"My lovely lady lumps"
What the **** are lady lumps? What does she have, breast cancer?

Bacchus basses FTW!
www.japanvintageguitars.com
I was going to suggest audacity, but it won't play midi files, it'll only let you see the code. In theory it'll import saved .wav files (that's how I store them once uploaded from my Zoom) to be worked on. Sadly mine makes those sound like Chip'n'Dale! It exports as mp3, so maybe it's worth a try, if you can load them as .wav's. I don't have GuitarPro myself, so Im not sure.
Quote by benco
Download Audacity and the mp3 encoder DLL that it has linked on the website, then you can convert midi/wav to mp3

That would do it! Sorry, the last post took me ages to write 'cos I was half watching the Jap GP highlights and making tea. Multitasking, eh?
k its all done now, but the recording studio i use is unregistered, so it put this really anoying sound in like 2 times its wierd.... but yea its called The Rising... check it out
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Narcotics/