Page 1 of 2
In the 1400's a law was set forth that a man was not allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb. Hence we have "the rule of thumb".

Many years ago in Scotland, a new game was invented. It was ruled "Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden"...and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV was Fred and Wilma Flintstone.

Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury.

Men can read smaller print than women can; women can hear better.

Coca-Cola was originally green.

It is impossible to lick your elbow. (I would have to disagree with this one, because I know someone who can actually do it!! )

The average number of people airborne over the US any given hour: 61,000

Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

The first novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king in history:

Spades - King David

Hearts - Charlemagne

Clubs -Alexander, the Great

Diamonds - Julius Caesar

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural
causes.

Q. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter "A"?

A. One thousand

Q. What do bullet-proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers all have in common?

A. All invented by women.

Q. What is the only food that doesn't spoil?

A. Honey

In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase "goodnight, sleep tight."

It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.

In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts... So in old England, when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them "Mind your pints and quarts, and settle down." It's where we get the phrase "mind your P's and Q's"

Many years ago in England, pub frequenters had a whistle baked into the rim, or handle, of their ceramic cups. When they needed a refill, they
used the whistle to get some service. "Wet your whistle" is the phrase inspired by this practice.

~~~~~~~~~~~AND FINALLY~~~~~~~~~~~~

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow
I tried to lick my eyebrow.
but you are 99.9% likely to not have a panda bear come in your house and rape your dog... yeah i can't believe it either
wow, that was interesting. thanks!
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold.
Last edited by glm at Sep 29, 2007,
Quote by glm
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold.

Well done on quoting the original post. Idiot.
One I heard, but have no confirmed.....
Men are generally better knowing which way is North because they have more iron in their system.
The one about the Flinstones isn't true.. there was a show in 1947 that showed a couple in bed.

And I'm skeptical about the GOLF one.
It's impossible to whistle after eating a saltine cracker. (I'm not 100% sure about that, i've only tried it once after my dad told me that fact)

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Coca cola wasnt originally green, it was simply packaged in green bottles. Check it out in the cokelore section on snopes.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Well done on quoting the original post. Idiot.

As opposed to what? Quoting the seventh one?
Quote by glm
As opposed to what? Quoting the seventh one?

What he means is that you didn't have to quote it. It would be understood that your post is referring to the thread starter's without a quote.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by sloppyjoe24
It's impossible to whistle after eating a saltine cracker. (I'm not 100% sure about that, i've only tried it once after my dad told me that fact)

just one?

and is it while you are chewing it in your mouth when you first pop it in?

*goes to test this theory*

edit:

NOOOOOOO! SOME ASSHOLE ATE THE R3ST OF MAH CRACKERZ!
...it was probably my mom though....
Last edited by MrDURPEEDURP at Sep 30, 2007,
Quote by TechnicolorBoy
What he means is that you didn't have to quote it. It would be understood that your post is referring to the thread starter's without a quote.

Oh, whatever.
That whistling one wouldn't work for me anyway, I can't whistle.

and, only about .02% of the population can lick their elbow. and you can't learn to do it either, it's something to do with the structure in your neck and shoulder.
Quote by Jersey_Zombie
1000 e-cookies for being from Jersey AND liking MCR

"Don't worry old girl, dry those tears from your eyes, something better's bound to come around sometime. Lets go." I Am A Graveyard - Shotglass Supersition.
Quote by TechnicolorBoy

Haven't you heard?!
glm likes to kill threads!
long ass post that leads to nothing = ownage of a thread page.
Last edited by MrDURPEEDURP at Sep 30, 2007,
Quote by CodeMonk
One I heard, but have no confirmed.....
Men are generally better knowing which way is North because they have more iron in their system.

men are generally better at knowing everything because our brains our bigger, its basic science, DUH
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
Haven't you heard?!
glm likes to kill threads!
long ass post that leads to nothing = ownage of a thread page.

the average chocolate bar has 8 insect legs in it.

the average person swallows up to 8 spiders in their sleep over the course of a year.

peanuts are an ingredient to dynamite.

polar bears have black skin.

tigers have striped skin as well as striped fur.

....my friend has a t-shirt with these I'm having trouble remembering all of them...
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
So that's where Ps and Qs comes from!
I've always wondered that. It has never made sense to me.

Oh, and I didn't try to lick my elbow.
But only because that wasn't the first time reading that [false] fact.
Spiral Out
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
just one?

and is it while you are chewing it in your mouth when you first pop it in?

*goes to test this theory*

edit:

NOOOOOOO! SOME ASSHOLE ATE THE R3ST OF MAH CRACKERZ!
...it was probably my mom though....

no, i think i swallowed the cracker, then whistled, but i really don't remember.

No crackers in my house either

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by kyle100
the average chocolate bar has 8 insect legs in it.

the average person swallows up to 8 spiders in their sleep over the course of a year.

peanuts are an ingredient to dynamite.

polar bears have black skin.

tigers have striped skin as well as striped fur.

....my friend has a t-shirt with these I'm having trouble remembering all of them...

gee, thanks for ruining chocolate for me
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
if you drop a penny in a glass of coke overnight it will clean it perfectly

there are more planets in the universe than grains of sand on earth

the universe it expanding 20000 miles a day
It's impossible to eat six saltine crackers within one minute

It's impossible to drink one gallon of milk in less than five minutes without throwing up
High as tits
Quote by gigadeth

gaaaaaahhhhH!!!! how does that not freak you out?!?!?!

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by gigadeth

I'm pretty sure that that one is just a theory.
Spiral Out
Quote by gigadeth

i dont know about that planets one....perhaps stars?
Quote by gigadeth

a penny will clean because coke has so much acidic shit in it,
that it might as well be called KABOOM!™

the planets part SHOULD be obvious, seeing as the universe is infinite in distance and has no end.

20000miles a day?
that's a theory, not a fact.
Interesting. And I so tried to lick my elbow.
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
a penny will clean because coke has so much acidic shit in it,
that it might as well be called KABOOM!™

the planets part SHOULD be obvious, seeing as the universe is infinite in distance and has no end.

20000miles a day?
that's a theory, not a fact.

you do realize that we still do not know whether the universive is infinite or finite... YOU COULD DIE...NOW!!

EDIT: Also, did you know (theory) that a universe can be as small as well..anything.. it can expand into itself...therefore everything would appear to be large but could be extremely small
Last edited by homo-erectus at Sep 30, 2007,
Quote by homo-erectus
i dont know about that planets one....perhaps stars?

whats bigger,
something with a limited count, BUT expands in number all the time,
or something that is INFINITE and has NO END to end?

then again, the universe being infinite could be just a theory as well.
but if i explain, it could lead to a different subject.....*runs to make a new thread*
Page 1 of 2