Ampeg BA115
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ampeg-BA115-Bass-Amp-Series-Combo?sku=481777

Fender Rumble 100
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Rumble-100-Bass-Combo?sku=480721

both are almost the same price, and 100 watts. please tell me which one I should choose and why.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
i'd say the ampeg. but try out each and see which you'd like.
for example: my bass (yamaha john myung) sounds GREAT through a fender, but terrible through most anything else (IMO). my friend's ibanez sg6-string sounds like crap through a fender and like a dream through an ampeg.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
ampegs are better ammps
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

yeah, but the fender is rated at 4 ohms, and the ampeg doesn't give any information about ohms ratings, but I'm leaning more towards the ampeg, but I don't know about ohms.
Quote by breakdown123
the ampeg does have that nifty pre set style knob it helps get that better tone jsut with the turn of one knob... i find that thing useful they got the ba115 at school.....kinda quiet for how big that room is but itl do all the same for yo im sure

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
yeah, but the fender is rated at 4 ohms, and the ampeg doesn't give any information about ohms ratings, but I'm leaning more towards the ampeg, but I don't know about ohms.

oh well if that's the only reason then definetly the ampeg. It really doesn't matter about ohms, basically unless you want an extension cab then the ohmage is irrelavent.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Sweet. Definately gonna try getting the ampeg.
Quote by breakdown123
Quote by CurbstompBass
BA115 all the way. It's a great amp. Big gut-wrenching bass end.

+1
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
If I was to think about buying one of those, I would choose the Ampeg anyday, I haven't used one but I've heard so many reviews of quality Ampeg products.
signature