i have a peavey valveking royal 8 and i want to get a good distorted sound along the lines of the almost or underoath, just some heavier sounding distortion than my amp can get on its own. what pedals should i check into to get that sound?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
anybody?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
yeah... Metal Muff is for You man... very versatile so if You'll change Your style someday it will be still fine for You
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
I've heard the Metal Muff is great for metal...and only metal. So i'm not sure it would be so versatile.
Quote by MavataR
thats one hell of a find. Did it have change in the case? cause you probably stole it from a busker who was off taking a piss.

Quote by theyab
I've heard the Metal Muff is great for metal...and only metal. So i'm not sure it would be so versatile.

Roll down the distortion, roll up the mids and cut off the top boost, and you have a great mid-gain crunch. It's much more versatile than any other distortion box I've had the pleasure of using.
cool, anybody got any other ideas or suggestions?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
ok so its sounding like a metal muff might be the way to go, i was hoping to not have to spend that much money though
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
tim and james both use jcm 800s. mi audio crunchbox is basically a replica of that in pedal form. cop one.
Can someone here compare the character of the Metal Muff to the Line 6 Uber Metal?
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto