I'm building a guitar, and I'll have 2 pushpulls, one master tone, one master vol. The question is, what do I do with the push pulls? I'll already have switches for series, splitting, parallel, phasing etc.

kill switch? (worth it?)
different tone caps?
- high pass
- low pass
- anyone know how to make a mid-cut?
diode clipping? (probably not)
anything else I can do?

But yeah, I'm really interested in a mid cut filter, how do I do it?
for the mid cut filter, i'd probably make a high pass filter + low pass filter in parallel? lol iono but worth a plan.

and i love how u have so many switches already then u got a push/pull lol.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
awesome! but what does the inductor do? And what value (in henries) do I need? Do I need an inductor? do these even sound good?

Anything else I can make out of a push pull?
Well I've played with inductors in passive circuits, and they don't seem to do anything. I know you need them for wah effects and stuff, but are they important here? I mean, you can easily build high pass + low pass filters without inductors, and couldn't you just put 2 in parallel?

Is there anything else I can passively do?
i think mid cut is more funner. mostly for the stevie ray vaughan tone freaks.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
it is still passive. no LEDs just two DPDT push pulls.a/b/y switch.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
As far as I know, inductors are like the opposite of capacitors. They resist treble more than bass frequencies.

A/B/Y would be for your outputs. You could have two- one is A, one is B (controlled by one DPDT), then Y is both of them (controlled by the second DPDT).
Ok, so I know what I want.

I want to have a mid cut, high/low cut, and a normal low pass. Has anyone had much success with passive bandpass or notch filters? I've been playing with some on a bread board, but I guess I can't choose appropriate values because it's not doing great. thoughts?