Page 1 of 2
Wow, wiki much? I'm assuming you've never even heard of Fugazi.

To the Threadstarter: I know a lot of people do like Fugazi, but I am not one of those people. Some of the early stuff you could call experimental hardcore. I'm not sure about the later stuff. You can be lame and just call everything alternative.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by f11b
Fugazi's early music was most clearly rooted in hardcore punk, but even their early output was marked by unorthodox rhythmic and structural elements, often steeped in dub or reggae influence and irregular stop-start structures, punctuated by cliff-hanging pauses.

Yeah, I'm sure you wrote that all by yourself.
I got "End Hits" a while ago. It's ok, nothing great IMO. "Five Corporations" is an awesome song though. I can't say I've heard any of their other stuff.
Quote by I_Pwn
Wow, wiki much? I'm assuming you've never even heard of Fugazi.

To the Threadstarter: I know a lot of people do like Fugazi, but I am not one of those people. Some of the early stuff you could call experimental hardcore. I'm not sure about the later stuff. You can be lame and just call everything alternative.

I agree.
I checked wikipedia, and that guy just copied and pasted it.
brnh.bandcamp.com
i've always heard fugazi described as emo. i've never listened to them though, as i am not an ian mackaye fan.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by I_Pwn
I checked wikipedia, and that guy just copied and pasted it.

No wai! I never woulda guessed!

But why would he do such a thing?
Quote by neidnarb11890
No wai! I never woulda guessed!

But why would he do such a thing?

Screw you tom
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by I_Pwn
Screw you tom
Be nice to Tom
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Fugazi's bass is amazing
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Fugazi's bass is amazing

^ I have a Joe Lally solo album. It's really chilled out music. Pretty cool, I have only listened to it a couple of times though.
I love Fugazi, but I listened to them way too much.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
I listened to them for a while. Seemed kind of boring. I might give them another listen, though.

I think they're considered post-hardcore.
I lurv Fugazi.

Yeah they can go in a couple different forums. But itsall good in here.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Quote by waterproofpie
I lurv Fugazi.

Yeah they can go in a couple different forums. But itsall good in here.
Good they belong herre
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by blackflag49
I liked 13 Songs, except where Guy Picciotto's on vocals. That guy's voice makes me want to punch a baby.

ok dane cook.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
they're probably only called hardcore or punk because ian mackaye was from minor threat.
they're like alternative rock to me. i wouldnt call them post hardcore, because post hardcore is what i call bands like silverstein, alexisonfire, escape the fate, etc
*cough* post hardcore isnt only those kind of bands. also bands like hot water music, at the drive in, and yes indeed fugazi.
love them, by the way.
soymilk please <3
Quote by cherry_bomb
*cough* post hardcore isnt only those kind of bands. also bands like hot water music, at the drive in, and yes indeed fugazi.
love them, by the way.
I love all these bands
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

^Wrong, that's not true. Just a silly rumor.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Yeah, Henry Rollins didn't say anything on his website. Since him and Ian have been friends since high school, he would know about something like that.
Quote by blackflag49
I used to say that way before Dane Cook..
So Dane Cook stole your jokes too? Who doesn't he steal from?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by blackflag49
I used to say that way before Dane Cook..

im sure.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
I'm a big fan of them myself. If you want to get some of their music steer clear of In On The Killtaker and Steady Diet of Nothing. Worst $15 i ever spent.
I didn't like In On the Killtaker for quite a while, but each time I've gone back I've liked it more and more. There's certainly some bad songs, but there's some really good'nes (Instrument).
Okay, he's still alive.

I found out the first day right after I heard that, someone told me it was a rumor.
i know im about to get bashed and flamed brutally for this but,

Fugazi is conidered the definitive "2nd wave emo" band, and The Argument is my favorite by them

dane cook makes me want to punch babies, not only are 90% of his jokes stolen but 70% of them arent funny
Quote by Godsmack311
i know im about to get bashed and flamed brutally for this but,

Fugazi is conidered the definitive "2nd wave emo" band, and The Argument is my favorite by them

dane cook makes me want to punch babies, not only are 90% of his jokes stolen but 70% of them arent funny

Fugazi was not emo.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
Fugazi was not emo.

it was called the 2nd wave of emo

1st wave = rites of spring, embrace etc.

2nd wave = Fugazi, Get Up Kids, Jawbreaker etc.

3rd wave = Fall Out Fudge Packer, My $#!+ Romance etc.

Fugazi may not sound like some of them but they are considered emo. the 3rd wave is a joke.

Quote by Godsmack311
it was called the 2nd wave of emo

1st wave = rites of spring, embrace etc.

2nd wave = Fugazi, Get Up Kids, Jawbreaker etc.

3rd wave = Fall Out Fudge Packer, My $#!+ Romance etc.

Fugazi may not sound like some of them but they are considered emo. the 3rd wave is a joke.

You got that band right. Fugazi is more post hardcore and Jawbreaker is punk with a pop punk and emo influence
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I love the song "Bed For The Scraping" but I just can't seem to find any other songs by them that are like that and that I dig alot. It might just be one of those bands that is gonna take me some time to "get".
Page 1 of 2