Hey all! What is the smallest stage you have ever played on? What gear did you fit on it? & how many people were on it?

I played on the back of a truck at a gig yesterday & it was only small (17X8ft) & we had an Ashton BA200 Bass full stack, Marshall JCM-2000 half stack, Beringer 100w half stack (not sure on model), a 6piece Tama Rockstar drum kit (with 8 cymbals), 200w RMS PA with 2 speakers (for keyboard), another PA (not sure on brand, wattage or anything (not ours!), X2 20inch subwolfers (Homemade, to amplify bass drum!), Roland Juno-G Keyboard, My ****ty Magnum Bass guitar, Ibenez Iceman bass guitar, LTD Electric guitar, S.G Copy electric, 2 Ibenez electrics & 2 full pedal boards!
Luckily we're only a 4 piece band so we fit up there JUST!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Or you could play without a stage and not be such a damn rock star
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Once my school had an open air concert which we were playing in, and the stage was tiny. We each had perhaps two feet to either side to move about and a little forwards, surrounded by mic stands, the drum kit and amps. It sucked hard.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Never played on a stage. I'm sure the smallest stage is still better than my desk chair.
hmmm small stages ... cant say ive ever played a ridiculously small stage
I am me. Live with it.
The smallest stage we've played on was pretty damn small. It was in the corner of a room, in the shape of a triangle. The two equal sides of it were probably 5-6 feet long, so the whole thing was no more than 16 square feet or so. We had 5 people on it, as well as our gear: a Hartke full stack, a decent sized drum set, a Fender cab, and a Fender Metalhead cab. If I moved forward at all, I'd hit the guitarist with my headstock, and if I moved back I'd get stabbed by the drummer's cymbal stand. So, I basically just stood in place and headbanged.

That was my first show too...
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by metal4life592
The smallest stage we've played on was pretty damn small. It was in the corner of a room, in the shape of a triangle. The two equal sides of it were probably 5-6 feet long, so the whole thing was no more than 16 square feet or so. We had 5 people on it, as well as our gear: a Hartke full stack, a decent sized drum set, a Fender cab, and a Fender Metalhead cab. If I moved forward at all, I'd hit the guitarist with my headstock, and if I moved back I'd get stabbed by the drummer's cymbal stand. So, I basically just stood in place and headbanged.

That was my first show too...

Yeah? most of the stages in my town are ridiculuslly small!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
Yeah? most of the stages in my town are ridiculuslly small!

Well, that wasn't even in my town! It was in Fort Worth, which is a good half an hour from where I live.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by metal4life592
Well, that wasn't even in my town! It was in Fort Worth, which is a good half an hour from where I live.

Cool, i've only played a few gigs & most of them were on tinny stages & the rest were just in a room or on the ground at parties!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by metal4life592

Where do you live, and where'd you play at?

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
Where do you live, and where'd you play at?

At the time, I lived in this random little town called Flower Mound (I'm in Austin at college right now) and we played on the second stage at the Ridglea Theater.
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
i played in a town a little north of austin once on a tiny stage. i guess it wasn't TOO bad. standard bar stage. but it was a joke how low it was. but they redeeemed themselves next year when they built a dently sized outdoor one.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by metal4life592
At the time, I lived in this random little town called Flower Mound (I'm in Austin at college right now) and we played on the second stage at the Ridglea Theater.

Oh, I know where Flower Mound is at! It's like an hour and a half from me. And I've never been to the Ridglea... that's cool though.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
we played a battle at my school... the "stage" turned out to be just big enough to work for a drum riser, so everyone else was on the floor.
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
Oh, I know where Flower Mound is at! It's like an hour and a half from me. And I've never been to the Ridglea... that's cool though.

Cool, where are you from?
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
Granbury. It's like... all the way down US 377, past Cresson and before Stephenville

I'm not gonna lie, I don't know where that is.
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
Played on a movie theatre stage that had about 3 feet of depth

We were packed on there I had enough room to turn and that was it.
The smallest stage I've played on was medium size...There was plenty of room and I could move around as much as I wanted to. Overall, I play on big stages for some reason.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
Haha this place sucks!

It's about 25 miles southwest of Ft. Worth

Ever been to 1919 Hemphill? It's a punk and metal venue near downtown. Badass place, I played my first gig there.

EDIT: This is relevent to the thread because 1919 has no stage, just a red carpet on the floor, but is still awesome to play at.

No sorry, I live north of Fort Worth, and that's the farthest south I ever go for shows.
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
3 years ago, played in a living room at a party. Complete with sofa and coffee table.
R.A.G.E.
There's a hall locally which is actually an old upturned boat, we used to have loads of gigs there seen as it's well out of the way. The stage there could fit the drumkit only, we had to stand down in front of it. Great place, once when we were playing someone jumped and grabbed a beam in the ceiling and snapped it, those were the days.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by *Juno*
I once played a gig on TS's penis.....pretty damn small

sorry i laughed.
R.A.G.E.
Quote by cobain_is_king
There's a hall locally which is actually an old upturned boat, we used to have loads of gigs there seen as it's well out of the way. The stage there could fit the drumkit only, we had to stand down in front of it. Great place, once when we were playing someone jumped and grabbed a beam in the ceiling and snapped it, those were the days.

Man...thats sounds awesome.
family party -> table

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------