Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, I've got a really crappy car right now and I need a new one. I want one that looks pretty cool and won't make me look like a dumbass or poor kid infront of girls. My parents will help me out with it and I can get a loan so I'll have about $7,000 to spend at the max. If you know of a cool car that costs about that (used) let me know and I'll look around my area for the same thing. Thanks.
if u like utes get a holden hq or hz v8 or of course theres the cheap toranas wich are very popular. i dont no if you'll b able 2 get a v8 but a v6 is deffinatly a possibility
mustang = sweet.
camaro = also sweet. a late 90's camaro (not a camaro ss, rs, or z28, just the plain camaro) you could get for pretty cheap.

however, i'd personally go a little more sensible, go for a honda civic with a v-tech engine or a honda accord. you can easily find a used one in that price range that still looks good. good looks, and good gas mileage, and etc.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Where do you live???
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by DougC84
mustang = sweet.
camaro = also sweet. a late 90's camaro (not a camaro ss, rs, or z28, just the plain camaro) you could get for pretty cheap.

however, i'd personally go a little more sensible, go for a honda civic with a v-tech engine or a honda accord. you can easily find a used one in that price range that still looks good. good looks, and good gas mileage, and etc.
V-Tec: BS

GM invented Variable Valve Timing in 1975 years ago, Vtec is just a fancy word. And parts on Hondas cost so damn much, plus honda makes **** auto trannys.

I bet a 90's-2002 Camaro or Firebird would work great as well.

A 90's Chevy Monte Carlo is also a great car.
comaros r a very good choice but id get an older model simply cus the 1990's comaro's look **** 2 b honest and i no people r gonna argue with me but thats my opinion
as u can c in the pic up a bit further it has lost its muscle look but luckily they recently brought it back beuase the muscle cars r becoming a dead breed which i dont wanna c and i think a lot of people agree with me
The pic in the second posting is a 90's mustang and could probably be found for about 7 grand? I live in Montana around Missoula.
Quote by OneGuitar
The pic in the second posting is a 90's mustang and could probably be found for about 7 grand? I live in Montana around Missoula.
Easily.
A Firebird is also cool:
Cheap cars are pretty cool you know, especially when you mod them.
They would look more impressive than any stock car.
Well I don't really see too many of those cars up here (not that we drive carriages or anything) but that's why I'm not too sure about the prices of them. I would want to look at the car and test it out and see if there is anything wrong with it...how would I go about finding one of these cars around here like the firebird, mustang, or camaro?
kk im in australia but if u trust ebay i would look ther but look around and compare prices. or u could just check the local car yards if there are any
Quote by OneGuitar
Well I don't really see too many of those cars up here (not that we drive carriages or anything) but that's why I'm not too sure about the prices of them. I would want to look at t
he car and test it out and see if there is anything wrong with it...how would I go about finding one of these cars around here like the firebird, mustang, or camaro?
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?num_records=25&search_lang=en&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&search_type=both&distance=0&address=59450&marketZipError=false&style_flag=1&make=FORD&model=MUST&make2=&start_year=1981&end_year=2008&min_price=0&max_price=7000&transmission=&engine=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&keywords_display=&sort_type=priceDESC&body_code=0&certified=&advanced=&default_sort=priceDESC&awsp=false&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?num_records=25&search_lang=en&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&search_type=both&distance=0&address=59450&marketZipError=false&style_flag=1&make=CHEV&model=CAM&make2=&start_year=1981&end_year=2008&min_price=0&max_price=7000&transmission=&engine=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&keywords_display=&sort_type=priceDESC&body_code=0&certified=&advanced=&default_sort=priceDESC&awsp=false&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?num_records=25&search_lang=en&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&search_type=both&distance=0&address=59450&marketZipError=false&style_flag=1&make=CHEV&model=CHEVMONT&make2=&start_year=1981&end_year=2008&min_price=0&max_price=7000&transmission=&engine=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&keywords_display=&sort_type=priceDESC&body_code=0&certified=&advanced=&default_sort=priceDESC&awsp=false&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?num_records=25&search_lang=en&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&search_type=both&distance=0&address=59450&marketZipError=false&style_flag=1&make=PONT&model=FBIRD&make2=&start_year=1981&end_year=2008&min_price=0&max_price=7000&transmission=&engine=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&keywords_display=&sort_type=priceDESC&body_code=0&certified=&advanced=&default_sort=priceDESC&awsp=false&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=
get some sort of toyota, maybe a celica or a supra or something. toyotas are built to survive a nuclear explosion
yer toyota's are good. i recently discovered the toyota soarer which is a little bit like a supra but different in its own way. and supra's only look good with a different body kit.
Okay so besides one of the afore mentioned cars like the mustang and camaro what are some other kinda sporty lookin cars that are good with gas for around 6 or 7 grand? Thanks for all the help everybody.
Quote by Rocking-Rob

besides it has a top speed of 407.5 km/h (253.2 mph)

its worth stretching your budget for TS
Quote by lachlano2000
not much can kill a torana they are built like a tank

And not only do you double post, you give **** house advice.

TS if your looking for "sporty" maybe look into a subaru WRX dont know how much they go for but if its too much you can easily get a Subaru Impreza for that.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Try getting an idea from here...I tried one of the zip codes for Butte and checked for reliable used cars in your area that fit your price. Although it is tempting to buy an American car, especially since they depreciate quickly, you'll soon realize that it costs a lot to maintain them and any of those chassis are pretty bad strengthwise (especially the Firebird...they are pretty scary to drive since they feel so disconnected from the road). See which car (or in some cases SUV) suits you.

One more thing, here's a valuable resource on how to make sure you don't have a lemon. Read all three parts.
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Sep 30, 2007,
i say go german.

get a bmw e30, or any 80s bmw in fact (my favourite is the 635CSi e24, a classy chick magnet), replace the timing belt, fluids, etcetc, your set for life. the 80's bimmers were built to last.
I would recommend a Honda Accord V6.

The sporty looking one with the wing. Not the one with the fatass rear part.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Quote by Diamond Dave
get some sort of toyota, maybe a celica or a supra or something. toyotas are built to survive a nuclear explosion

good luck finding a supra with an engine and runs good for $7000 if you do then tell me but if you do find a supra i think youll be getting more than chicks coming up to you
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Quote by Diamond Dave

its worth stretching your budget for TS

He'ld just hafta sell a few things... like his house, his life...
Then maybe in a few years if it makes it into who wants to be a millionaire...

Its not much of a stretch imo...

In seriousness get a Toyota, like they other guy mentioned, they were built by the japs to maneuver during the American nuclear attacks....!
A Honda Civic is a really good choice too.. they're cheap and will run for life.

And
European/Japanese cars>>>>American Cars.
Buy a Volvo. You can very easily find a one owner for sale and they last forever if properly cared for. Mine has 370,000 miles on it and everything works except the heated seats, I live in Arizona so I'm not really missing that aspect. May not be the coolest looking car but if you get a turbo model and throw a few bucks at it you'll be quite surprised the performance gained and insurance probably won't be to bad either.

John
Quote by FRDesign
V-Tec: BS

GM invented Variable Valve Timing in 1975 years ago, Vtec is just a fancy word. And parts on Hondas cost so damn much, plus honda makes **** auto trannys.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

You just implied GM make better vehicles than Honda

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

EDIT: And you suggested 90s Pontiacs and american Fords. Oh how you just made me laugh.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Do not get a 90s camaro or firebird...those cars are stupid and unreliable Piles of crap...everyone here that drives one is a cocky douchebag...not even kidding..

When you buy a car get a Manual...get a new honda civic, accord or maybe a newer toyota celica, my friend has a 90s mustang 5speed those are pretty nice but not good with high miles.
Quote by Calum_Barrow
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

You just implied GM make better vehicles than Honda

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

EDIT: And you suggested 90s Pontiacs and american Fords. Oh how you just made me laugh.

You bet I did. GM's with the 3800 V6, and any V8 are very reliable and fun. Forget about Civics and crap, everyone and their Grandparents own one and they make you look stupid.

This guy obviously wants chicks and an American RWD Muscle Car with a V8 and T-Tops is the best way to get em.
if you want chicks who weigh less than 250lbs, go european dude. (car-wise and chick-wise.)
Page 1 of 2