I think that calling it "shred" is going a bit far, don't you think? I strongly suggest that you expand outwards from the land of E minor pentatonic in the 12th position—yes, I KNOW that Kirk Hammet hasn't, but that doesn't mean that you can't. Don't blame the status of your technique on the SS amp, or on the mic, for that matter. Your picking hand was going crazy whenever you played moderately fast. Try to be more precise with your picking hand movements.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
That was extremely boring, no offense, but learn some modes, or other scales, as mentioned by ChurchNSkate
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
really bad. You need to practice a LOT.

MySpace

Gear:

-1979 Gibson Les paul
-Gibson Hound Dog Dorbro
-ZVex Nano tube amp
-Zinky Blue Velvet Tube amp
-Lots of EH pedal
-BSM Treble Booster
Just keep practicing man, also.. ever herd of vibrato?! lol practice your scales in all positions!! just work hard, read lots of lliterature and download you self some good instructionals!!

Rock discipline - John Petrucci - this one we all know lol but Im not a huge fan, some good exercises though!

Lead guitar techniques - Vinnie moore (hot lick's video) lesser known but my personal favourate instructional! I really think you should download it asap via Torrent's

Paul Gilbert - Guitars from Mars 1&2 - A good watch!
- Terrifying guitar trip - Also a good watch!

You should be able to find Torrent's of all of those, watch them, study them.. create a new practice routine (no doubt you aready have one lol)

How long have you been playing?
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him