So now that the Royal Melbourne Show has finished for 2007 (or it will be in 1.5 hours), I thought it was worth making a thread to see if anyone here went this year.

I went last night with my girlfriend... Bloody expensive it is, which is why I didn't go last year, and almost didn't go this year until a last minute decision when we didn't have much else to do

We enjoyed it though. We ended up going on one ride (The Taipan Coaster)... it was an okay Roller Coaster, but pretty short and sweet unfortunately. Still fun though (But cost us an arm and a leg at $6 per ticket!)

Before that though we watch the Freestyle Motorcross... which was just awesome. Saw some real nice combos in the air by the three bikes that were there. Kinda renewed my old love of watching aerial stunts heh.

Then we got a Maltesers/Twix showbag, and shared it between the two of us.

We didn't really spend much time there... and when we decided to leave, we had so much trouble finding the car

We knew exactly where it was parked and how to find it, we just had no idea how to find the CARPARK

But yeah.

Any other show-goers this year?
I didn't have a signature until now.
I went to the cheap New Zealand rip off They had one good thing though, A metal ball, just like on the simpsons movie where Homer rides around in it. Except there were 2 people on their motorbikes at the same time inside of it, it was crazy.
I didn't go this year, but i've been the past few... decided against it this year coz its just too expensive... a couple of my lady friends were working at one of the icecream stalls there, they're not bad looking either

I remember they had a basketball competition there a couple of years ago, me and my mates did alright in it... but they havn't brought it back, which is disappointing.

but without a doubt the best part of the show is the FHM showbag lol
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
Quote by 7daycrisis
I went to the cheap New Zealand rip off They had one good thing though, A metal ball, just like on the simpsons movie where Homer rides around in it. Except there were 2 people on their motorbikes at the same time inside of it, it was crazy.

is that the globe of death?
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
Quote by i_am_ironman
is that the globe of death?

YES I think thats what its called. Even then, i think the guys were from Australia
I went this year

<.<
PM me for details on Scourge's forum!

Quote by jmag
gangster-dolly, du my new hero.
Quote by gangster-dolly
I went this year

<.<

We totally should've hooked up and went together.

>.>

Yeah the show is so overpriced... we'd spent $54 altogether before we even got to walk through the front gates! ($14 to park, and $20 each to get a ticket. It would've been $27 each but we got the Twilight discount, i.e. $20 after 5pm)

Which is why we only went on one ride, not heaps. 'cause bloody hell, it sure eats up your wallet!
I was thinking of going.....but then i came to my senses and didn't

but cmon, its so god damn expensive :S

im broke these days anywho...
Quote by Mattmakesmetal
I was thinking of going.....but then i came to my senses and didn't

but cmon, its so god damn expensive :S

im broke these days anywho...
Yeah I wouldn't have gone if I hadn't just landed a job recently. I had $200 to spend. Ended up spending about half that by the end of the night (but not all at the show, bought some other stuff elsewhere). And that was when spending LIGHTLY!