Well, I've recently decided it's time to upgrade some of my gear. After much searching I found that Thomann offered the best price on the gear that I wanted (by about £200 too.) I was just wondering though, being from the UK and it being a Continental based store, will I have to pay import tax on the goods I want to bring across? I've got a feeling that I'll have to and that would probably bring the prices to about even.

Jorge
You don't need import tax, it's one of the advnatages of the EU - they just charge £6 postage on top of the order cost and that's all you pay.

What are you getting, out of interest?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Isn't his postage free becuase its over £120 or so?

They just lump delivery into the price you see next to the product alot of the time on products like that
You probably would have to buy one, but email them and see if they can chip one in free, it's always worth a try
=]
Last edited by philipisabeast at Sep 30, 2007,
^^ You'll probably have to buy one, infact you might as well buy a nice high quality one while you're there, it'll be cheaper than anywhere else likely.

^^^ Yeah that's a good point, it probably will be.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Haha i think that's probably what he meant
But cables do make a noticeable difference in tone, if i switch between my £15 Planet Waves instrument cable, and then my £40 monster one you can REALLY hear the difference

Amp cables are different purposes sure, but if you're getting a great amp, you want to have it's max tonal range
Quote by philipisabeast

They just lump delivery into the price you see next to the product alot of the time on products like that

Yes, I just checked that. "free shipping on orders over 199 EUR (135 GBP)".
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
just bear in mind you'll need to buy a separate power lead too, unless you have an EU adaptor. but yeah, no import taxes as germany is in the EU.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
just bear in mind you'll need to buy a separate power lead too, unless you have an EU adaptor. but yeah, no import taxes as germany is in the EU.

What kind of power adapter? Is continental Europe running off different voltages and whatnot to us? Dagnammit
nah, same voltage (or similar), but they use different-sized plugs. I just use my old marshall avt plug with my engl, and it works ok.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Zakk_Wylde001
What kind of power adapter? Is continental Europe running off different voltages and whatnot to us? Dagnammit

have you never been abroad. The UK has the best electricity on earth!
What, you get free shipping if you buy with over 200e (to England)!?!? Goddammit, just ordered with over 500e (so much because I had friends in it too to divide the shipping cost), and the shipping is 20e exactly, always. Dammit.
^ yeah... free shipping to the UK.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by philipisabeast

that is true. orders above €200 are free shipping to UK
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
the best service I ever receive is from Thomann and for most things it is the cheapest store around. Don't hesitate buying from this company. Most efficient, customer friendly music store around. All the professionalism and hassle free transaction you would expect from a quality store. The Germans know what they are doing when it comes to effiency, not like UK !