I don't. A friend wants to know if it's possible to put power steering in to a 1988 E30 BMW 316. Is it? And how complicated would it be?
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Yeah it's possible but you'll have to get a professional to put it in!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
well first you have to make shure you have space in the engine compartment and you would probably have to change the steering colum my dads a mechanic so ive picked up a few things
Unfortunatly, most of the replies you will get are 14 year olds who think the best car is some American car which doesn't believe in corners.

However, it's an expencive and pointless act, far easier to buy one with power steering. It IS possible, but, it's complicated to do yourself, if you don't know how. so you would highly likey need it done at a garage, that cost ontop of the parts.
it is possible, anything is possible if you put ur mind to it. but depending on ur freinds knowledge of "customisng" cars and how good at it he is plays a big part.
gear
Fender highway 1 tele
v
Korg pitchblck
Zoom Uf-01
EHX Big Muff
EHX Russian Muff
Made By Mike fender blender
Mi Audio Crunch box
Malekko Ekko 616
Ibanez CS9
BYOC Flange
v
Fender 75

welsh?

FOR SALE: PEDALS
its do-able, im getting power steering in my 1949 chevy soon. You might have to find some specific parts though, depending on the make and the model.
Was Considering putting it in my 1981 Holden WB (very simular to an El'Comino!)
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
it's apossible, but can be costly and you will need somebody who knows what they're doing
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by CraigKing
Unfortunatly, most of the replies you will get are 14 year olds who think the best car is some American car which doesn't believe in corners.

However, it's an expencive and pointless act, far easier to buy one with power steering. It IS possible, but, it's complicated to do yourself, if you don't know how. so you would highly likey need it done at a garage, that cost ontop of the parts.

Oh, yes! Let's take advantage of yet another opportunity to snipe at those stupid Yanks, why don't we?

It doesn't necessarily have to be expensive. (please note the spelling.)

It also doesn't likely need to be done at a garage, by a professional. (again, note the spelling.)

btw, I'm not a 14 year old, but I'd trust many of them over you when it comes to either automobile advice or spelling.

TS,
The best way to accomplish this would be to find a wrecked 316 in a salvage yard. You'll need the steering box, power steering pump, bracket, and hoses. I'm not certain if the during the 1988 model year power steering was available on that model. If not, the power steering components from a later model might still fit properly, or with only minor modifications.

This will obviously be harder than something like replacing the alternator, but a damned sight easier than doing an engine or transmission swap. It will require moderate mechanical skills.

I can't speak to the cost. It will all be dependent on the availability of suitable wrecks in your geographic area.

Good luck with your research,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Tell your friend to go here.
http://e30search.com/
I'm not an expert on that particular BMW platform but I don't believe BMW offered
power steering on any of the models that particular chassis supported. I might be wrong.
Why does he want to replace that marvelously tight steering anyways?
And to CraigKing - thppppt. That's a Bronx cheer just for you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Oh, yes! Let's take advantage of yet another opportunity to snipe at those stupid Yanks, why don't we?

It doesn't necessarily have to be expensive. (please note the spelling.)

It also doesn't likely need to be done at a garage, by a professional. (again, note the spelling.)

btw, I'm not a 14 year old, but I'd trust many of them over you when it comes to either automobile advice or spelling.

TS,
The best way to accomplish this would be to find a wrecked 316 in a salvage yard. You'll need the steering box, power steering pump, bracket, and hoses. I'm not certain if the during the 1988 model year power steering was available on that model. If not, the power steering components from a later model might still fit properly, or with only minor modifications.

This will obviously be harder than something like replacing the alternator, but a damned sight easier than doing an engine or transmission swap. It will require moderate mechanical skills.

I can't speak to the cost. It will all be dependent on the availability of suitable wrecks in your geographic area.

Good luck with your research,
SYK

SYK >CraigKing.
Be cool.
i should think the e30s have power steering, i'm im not wrong, or at least the M3s do
It is very possible indeed,but very,very complicated...I agree with the first reply,get a pro,its the only way to avoid being under a car,and having a gearbox dropped onto your chest...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN