Hi all I just recieved my new Ibanez 3270 and Im happy with it in every way but one. The bridge pickup. Its a Dimarzio Paf Pro and im finding it a little thin for my liking. Well maybe thin isn't the right word, it just seems to be lacking that bottom end omph im used to. Dont get me wrong, for lead lines its perfect, well defined with a nice middy honk that cuts right through in live situations. Just im used to a big bottom end that really gives a nice heavy tone for my more metal moments.

Thing is id prefer to have something tonally similar with the same level of output so the single coil (Blue Velvet) isnt lost using the 2 and 4 switch positions.

I heard on the grapevine the Tonezone is rather like a Paf Pro but with oodles of bottom end, the d sonic too. Is there anything im missing or any other suggestions you fine gentlemen have for me?

Anyhow heres a couple of pics.

ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso

anyway...

I'd say Duncan JB

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

^ egad, are ye mad? it doesn't have much bottom end, and is way hotter than a blue velvet...

i'd consider bareknuckle or bulldog. shoot them an email to see what they suggest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thats a good idea Dave, I'l give them a mail or 2 in the morning when I get 10 mins free at work.

On a side note I was looking at the Dimarzio site and I'm liking the sounds of the Breed. A little hotter than the Paf Pro but with a nice bottom end and vintage vibe about it.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Last edited by halikus at Sep 30, 2007,
i'm just not fussed on dimarzios or duncans in the UK. if you ask me you can get nicer pickups for less (swineshead or allegedly irongear), or vastly superior pickups for very little more (bareknuckle and allegedly bulldog).

if you like the breed, a swineshead warthog may be worth considering- those other brands might have a vaguely-equivalent model too, but I'm not sure what it is, you'd need to ask them.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 30, 2007,
thats very purty
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
I have never heard of Atomic amps. Are they non-advertised?
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Atomic Amps are small company based in California I believe. They produce amps designed by Harry Kolbe and specifically made to handle modeling systems like the pods, v-amps and tonelabs. the amp is basically an 18/50w valve power amp(2 JJ EL84s for power & 1 12AX7A phase inverter) with no controls(ie running flat out all the time) and a custom voiced ported cab holding either a 200w 1x12 or 2x12 depending on the model you buy. The clever bit is that by having a specially designed power stage and using the modeling system as the pre-amp you can breathe life into a stale digital tone. It really works well too iv tried many solutions to amping up a modeler and this is by far and away the best option. Also being a full on valve power amp you can also plug a full on valve pre-amp into it and im getting some excellent results with the Engl Pre amp i recently acquired.

Atomic used to sell via retail stores worldwide but recently has decided to sell direct only except in Europe where G66.com has exclusive distribution rights.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Iv sent an email to the guys at Barekunckle although im really interested in the prices Thomann sells the Breed and Tonezone for, just over £50! Thats really cheap from what I can see but if Bareknuckle come back with a good suggestion im happy to pay double to get something special in the guitar. Especially with their burnt chrome covers. Infact i may just get a full set of bareknuckles for the Ibanez and move the Dimarzios into my LP.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

I've got a lot of very happy customers using the IronGear Hot Slag - which has a really meaty output, great clarity and bags of bottom end.

You can hear the soundclips here:-
http://www.axetec.co.uk/axetec%20guitar%20parts%20spares%20pickups_032.htm

....and I've just I've just updated the UG forum 15% discount code for October to:-
HARDSTUFF

(The discount code has been VERY popular with UG forum members for the last 2 months!!! - thanks for your support! )