I know these are great amps (I've played the 40 watt model, and love the clean/crunchier sounds), but I was just wondering how heavy they can get?

I'm talking Mogwai, Brand New, etc etc heavy, not RARRR heavy.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
I got mine yesterday and today I'm EQing it properly and setting up my RP350 - but I already got Metallica heavy, so yeah.
Quote by minibrowny
I bought my hot rod yesterday played it till my fingers bled, and still playing

WTF?!

I bought mine yesterday as well!
I was gonna buy one of these, then I decided on a peavey classic.
I played a hotrod though, and the cleans are beautiful, I didn't like the drive settings, but with a pedal, it fixes that.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Jackolas
WTF?!

I bought mine yesterday as well!

This is just a theory, so dont jump to any conclusions or get angry or uppity or anything.

Are you secretly me?
Quote by minibrowny
This is just a theory, so dont jump to any conclusions or get angry or uppity or anything.

Are you secretly me?

yep he is.

wait a second....

*yells*
MODS !! multi-acount here !!

The devilles own gain is great for blues, or maybe a little classic rock but thats all it can do on its own...

with a good OD pedal you could reach hard rock levels, and with a distortion pedal you can reach metal levels, especially if you used it in combination with the amps gain. But the tone isnt right for metal at all. But it can still reach it with the right pedals
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Without "help," they suck. So your tone is only as heavy as your pedals.
Hi, I'm Peter
^ yeah, i wouldn't buy an HRD for dirt. it's not that there's a lack of od, just what there is (from the preamp in the od channel) sounds like ass.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by minibrowny

Are you secretly me?

*Contacts the FBI*
Quote by guitarbite.fire
it can get early metallica heavy but it sound really harsh and noisy when its there

you talking about by itself it can reach early metallica?
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I just cranked mine on the clean channel, gotta love this thing. It doesnt have nearly as much clean headroom as most people think, started to break up above 3, but 3 is REALLY loud on this amp, it doesnt get much louder once the knob gets past 5, the rest is just how much power tube saturation you want, but man once you get the volume up there it sounds incredible.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Quote by Pedricko
I'm talking Mogwai, Brand New, etc etc heavy, not RARRR heavy.

It'll get Graaar no problem, but RARRR is pushing it.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"