well ive got this problem....
when playing pitch harmonics I can get them but the volume of it is lower then my regular playing.
how do I make it squeel like a pig instead of (fill in any small forest critter)?

btw could It be that it is because currently im still using my ibanez GIO
(gonna upgrade that soon, got 600€ but still not sure what to buy)
Play it clearly, i.e. less contact with your thumb.

Also you need high treble on your amp and a high output pickup.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

more gain. a loootttttttttttttt of gain
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Your Gio doesn't have the high output pups like he said ^. But keep playing pentatonic scales while doing it it sounds uber cool and you can practice it.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
yea your going to have to get some nice distortion on your amp.. your amp could be the problem actually. I find it much easier to pinch on my vox then my dads spider II. Of course i got a distortion pedal hooked up to my vox, but still.

technique wise, i find that pinches sound better if you vibrate the string your pinching with your fretting hand. makes the harmonic last a little longer.
Member #16 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join
i have the same problem, and i can only get PH on the low strings if my gain is way up but that sounds bad and buzzes alot.
could b my guitar too...
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
well im buying my new guitar tommorow (if everything goes well)
and I have a doubt about the brands:
kinda stuck between jackson/bc rich/dean
what is actually best to play industrial and erm... freaky (trash) metal :p
(rlly like hacride for example, they use jacksons but I cant afford a soloist example: http://www.myspace.com/hacride)
Before you get another guitar. Remember, it's more to do with your amp. What do you have at the moment?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by seizetheday1103
i have the same problem, and i can only get PH on the low strings if my gain is way up but that sounds bad and buzzes alot.
could b my guitar too...

yeah your playing a squire. my brother has one of those, he never plays guitar anymore, and i don't blame him if he is trying to play that. i broke a string on my fender and used my brothers guitar during the time i didn't have strings to restring it and i wanted to shoot myself. that extra 200 or 300 dollars into a guitar really means something.
well, i gotthe squier as my 13th b-day present, it came as a shock to me when i got it. my parents got it for me just to c if i like it. im saving for a new guitar now, but most of that money is going to lessons so i have to wait even longer

edit- o yea, i liek my squier. its not bad, i liek the feel and i liek the sound through my amp ( dont rip on it, its my preference). but i definitely want sumthing better and less embarassing
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by p.stick
Before you get another guitar. Remember, it's more to do with your amp. What do you have at the moment?

at the moment a 30 wat laney (not sure about the model)
wich will be replaced when mr sandy claws passes by but im gonna buy a new guitar anyway cuz...
dont have a real reason but I'm sure im gonna buy one (if I find anything wich conquers my heart tommorow)
Quote by seizetheday1103
well, i gotthe squier as my 13th b-day present, it came as a shock to me when i got it. my parents got it for me just to c if i like it. im saving for a new guitar now, but most of that money is going to lessons so i have to wait even longer

well if you can make a squire scream than kudos to you =]

its reallly hard though.
Quote by C&C Magik

its reallly hard though.

its hard as balls, but i can manage. i always have my treble really high so that doesnt hurt. but liek i sed, if i turn the gain too far up it sounds sloppy and buzzes alot
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by numinis
at the moment a 30 wat laney (not sure about the model)
wich will be replaced when mr sandy claws passes by but im gonna buy a new guitar anyway cuz...
dont have a real reason but I'm sure im gonna buy one (if I find anything wich conquers my heart tommorow)

BC rich Mockingbird ST if you want a trem

if not

then washburn x50pro

Quote by KileManA7X

Quote by C&C Magik

its reallly hard though.

pinch harmonics are no harder on a squier than on any other guitar actually.

@ everyone: honestly though, if you think that you need high output humbuckers, cranked gain and high treble for pinch harmonics to have any presence, you need to work on your technique...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by p.stick
BC rich Mockingbird ST if you want a trem

if not

then washburn x50pro

If you listen to this advice, you will never regret it.
Quote by spine2600
Practice them on acoustic first, then go to doing them on electric.

dude i really think he should learn them on an electric guitar 1st, cause its a bit harder to do on acoustics unless there ampliflied, but still its harder to do than an electric,

i really think you should start by doing them on an electric and then doing them on an acousitc wont be as tuff
Quote by p.stick
BC rich Mockingbird ST or Ibanez S320 if you want a trem

if not

then washburn x50pro

Sorry, I have to do that