ok, you all know the song im talking about, and i guess you know the lick im have trouble with:
|---14-19p14-------15p14--------------------------
|15---------15----------15----17-15-14------------
|--------------16----------14----------16-14b16r--
|-------------------------------------------------

maybe without pull offs?^

im stressing out of my brain! ive been practising this for months and still cant get the speed. im usually pretty good with speed and alternate picking, but i can't get it. is it supposed to be sweep picking, or alternate picking or what? people always say this is a begginer's solo and its easy, but it aint, it is damn hard. sorry for my rant, i have OCD and i get obsessed with things i can't do perfectly. please help me
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!
What I do is I sweep the first two parts and then do Alternate picking for the 17, 15, 14 etc bit.
I play it without pull offs (there are some pull offs and hammers in the second part of this solo though). Propably because it was written without pull offs in the tab from which I learned and this was one of the first solos I attempted. Just build up your speed and you'll get it...
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
Quote by One Way Ticket
Two weeks ago, Yngwie Malmsteen walked up to me at a mall and gave me a bag of donuts. He told me "I don eat no focking donuts".
hmm... i just pick as fast as possible also, another thing i actually do is in the first 4 notes of that part, the 2 14's on the e string I play on the 19th fret of the B string. it's the same note and i think it's a bit easier.
How can i forget the way you led me through the path into heaven to leave me behind?
Quote by Portuguese_boy
What I do is I sweep the first two parts and then do Alternate picking for the 17, 15, 14 etc bit.

Same here. I practised it, played this looped lick over and over again:

|---14-19-14------15-14---------------------|----14-19-14-------15-14----------------------|
|15---------15---------15----17-15-14-------|-15----------15----------15----17-15-14-------|
|--------------16---------14----------14-16-|----------------16----------14----------14-16-|
|-------------------------------------------|----------------------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------------|----------------------------------------------|

And remember - always start slowly.
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
I sweep, then pick.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"