I currently own a Dimebag Crybaby from Hell and I think it's about time I replace it. It is a great wah, I like being able to adjust its capabilities. However, I am not at all fond of the sweep. It is extremely uneven, with most of the difference in tone coming from about 1/4 of the movement of the pedal, somewhere in the middle of its range.

I don't play anything too high gain, but I liked what the Crybaby from Hell was capable of handling and would like a unit that is equally capable in that respect.

I saw a video review of the Slash wah and was impressed with its sound, but the setting description was not adequate. The review achieved Slash's tone when using the pedal, but I'm not sure if it derived from his amp, another pedal or the Wah itself with the overdrive feature turned on. Can anyone tell me if the Slash wah, run by itself on a clean channel, can reproduce his tone? That would be a huge selling point. And if it has a nice even sweep, that may be the wah for me. If not, please offer any and all suggestions regarding various wah pedals.
What you should really do is go down guitar centre and try some out, OR, whatever bands, guiatarists etc you like, try finding out what wah they use and get it. But if I had to recommend one wah-wah pedal, I'd say an original crybaby, they can handle distortion and they sound great (well for me they do).
Quote by tanman
I currently own a Dimebag Crybaby from Hell and I think it's about time I replace it. It is a great wah, I like being able to adjust its capabilities. However, I am not at all fond of the sweep. It is extremely uneven, with most of the difference in tone coming from about 1/4 of the movement of the pedal, somewhere in the middle of its range.

I don't play anything too high gain, but I liked what the Crybaby from Hell was capable of handling and would like a unit that is equally capable in that respect.

I saw a video review of the Slash wah and was impressed with its sound, but the setting description was not adequate. The review achieved Slash's tone when using the pedal, but I'm not sure if it derived from his amp, another pedal or the Wah itself with the overdrive feature turned on. Can anyone tell me if the Slash wah, run by itself on a clean channel, can reproduce his tone? That would be a huge selling point. And if it has a nice even sweep, that may be the wah for me. If not, please offer any and all suggestions regarding various wah pedals.

it's a nice wah (slash wah), it has a sweet tone on the clean channel, more focused on the upper range than the lower range, it has the lower range just fine, but alot of it's sweep is the mid-upper range, the gain curcuit is a really high-gain one, it CAN replicate his tone on the clean channel when you kick it in, but it has to be used in conjunction with the wah, and on the highest gain settings it will feedback if you're not used to controlling it, i love kicking in the extra gain on the high gain channel of my amp to get that musica feedback style and the extra color to the tone, it's not a bad distortion, just a bit finnicky to control, also, the wah handles clean and distortion just fine, but i'm not sure if you'll like it , i mean, i really do, but i'm a huge fan of slash, so, it's a love/hate thing i guess, MAKE SURE to buy the power adapter if you get it, it sucks batteries like you wouldn't believe (and yes i unplug it when i'm done with it)