So im thinking about buying myself a brand new guitar, ive been playing for about 6 months now. And i enjoy it more now than everbefore.

My current gear is a Squier Affinity strat and a Roland Cube 30.

Anyway the prize cannot be more than about 590 bucks. What i basicly like playing is old Metallica stuff, Megadeth and so on. I made a thread like this not very long ago, and almost everyone suggested that i should try the ESP LTD ex-400. I live in Sweden and well i couldn't find it on any swedish website store:F so i'd appreciate if you could mention other guitars

I'd also appreciate if you'd leave a comment about how great/horrible my current guitar is

/Cheers
Last edited by trollsvett at Sep 30, 2007,
well bout ur current guitar, squier, nuff said, but for a new 1 i would reccomend a used model, saves $, plus the some of the models that aren't made anymore are among the best
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
if youre going to get any EX style of guitar by LTD, be prepared. It is NOTHING like playing the squier affinity. I went through the same order of guitars, except i went to the EX-50 instead of a 400. Even the 50 sound great with stock pickups, nice distortion and good-ish harmonics. I bought it also for a metallica style of tone and it works well. but the guitar itself is VERY heavy, and the neck likes to drop if you let go of it. But the neck is smooth, the action is great, and since the pickups on the baseline were good, obviously the more expensive you go, the better they will be. it feels completely different than the affinity.
Quote by IbanezxXx
well bout ur current guitar, squier, nuff said, but for a new 1 i would reccomend a used model, saves $, plus the some of the models that aren't made anymore are among the best

...such as?
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
well i say try ebay, or craigslist, i just bought an 80's NJ series BC rich Virgin yesterday off craigslist, its got a liscensed (but good) floyd rose, and coil taps,george lynch screamin' demon in the bridge for $290, do some research so wat tonewoods,pickups, etc. that you would want and look around a bit for a good deal, i would suggest an old ibanez RG, theyre good guitars
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
ive played new jacksons, i hate them, but maybe would would like them, you gotta try em out, cuz i kno if i bought it without trying it out id think it would be ok, but i cant stand those guitars
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX