Ok last night i installed the halo trial but it wont let me play because it says "A problem occured initializing DirectDraw.Hardware acceleration maybe dissabled,please run DXDIAG."

Does anyone know what i can do to be able to play?
hmm, im guessing its a problem with the direct draw. something to do with the hardware acceleration...maybe disabled.

You should probably run DXDIAG
yea thats funny man.

i ran everything but i dont know what the **** to do after that,it just brings up a whole list of things,and im like wtf?
Your graphics card might need updating. Look for updated drivers on the manufacturer website.
Quote by someguitarguy88
Yeah i figured out i had herpes thanks to wikipedia!
Go to Start > Run, type dxdiag, and hit enter. In the window that comes up, open the Display tab and make sure all 3 accelleration options under DirectX Features are enabled.....
There's a hole in our soul that we fill with dope, and we're feeling fine...
ok i just did everything you said to do but it says all 3 are unavailable?
Then you should probably look into a newer video card....
Quote by ReportAsPhuck
Then you should probably look into a newer video card....

Either that or find your latest card drivers.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Z-Bone
where would i get one and how much would it cost?

Depends on what you want and what you're willing to spend. Could be anywhere between probably $25 and $2,000. Try updating your drivers first though....
^ Yeah. Plus, if you're thinking of purchasing a new video card, you need to make sure it's compatible with your current motherboard.

All new video cards are PCI-E, but if you don't have PCI-E support, then you'll either have to buy a new motherboard (thus then taking into account the socket of your current processor) or just stick with regular PCI cards or AGP cards.

Which Halo are we talkin' about here? 1 or 2?

its halo 1 lol.and i have no idea how to update the drivers and all of that stuff.
Quote by Z-Bone
its halo 1 lol.and i have no idea how to update the drivers and all of that stuff.

Either use Windows Update and see if any hardware updates are available, or use DXDIAG to find the name and model of your video card and find the update on the company's website.