i mean, they're a really great band. I don't see why people like to make fun of them.
Last edited by chimairapwns at Sep 30, 2007,
They're only a good band in the studio.
Live, they're as poor as yer average homeless junkie.
And, I mean c'mon, "Zachy Vengeance"? Thats a rather piss poor name is it not?
lol Never heard them being bashed, around here there legends.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by ericgentz

I've seen people bash them almost as much as green day
Quote by ericgentz

you're not around here much are you?

to answer your question they don't live up to the hype.
I think they're quite amazing, i mean the rev is like one of the best drummers, zacky and syn are both great guitarists, i don't see whats not to like.
see that was a good performance, they don't deserve to be bashed. no band is perfect live, and that was pretty damn good.
Quote by chimairapwns
see that was a good performance, they don't deserve to be bashed. no band is perfect live, and that was pretty damn good.

The majority of bands out there are better in the studio than live anyway. As a band you will have your **** performances and your amazing, life-changing ones. Don't base a band's skill and prowess on one live performance.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by PabloGilberto
And, I mean c'mon, "Zachy Vengeance"? Thats a rather piss poor name is it not?

Bashing a band based on their stage names?

Well done there...
Bashing? Come on please. I havent heard a single bash on A7x ever but those are very sad stage names but thats not the point. If you wanna talk about bashed bands how about Megadeth. Bashed too much.
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Quote by slayer1516
A7x are false metal. 13-year olds get driven to the mall to buy their cds.

How can they be "false metal" when they don't even profess to be metal in the first place??? They said it themselves, they don't try to be metal.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by alliwant
How can they be "false metal" when they don't even profess to be metal in the first place??? They said it themselves, they don't try to be metal.

Really they should just try and be talented first.
I find them awesome and I haven't heard them bashed much. Most of my friends and I love em. Their not metal true, but who cares? I just consider them hard rock, people are to based around genres nowadays.
bashing a7x makes your e-penis bigger. thats why most ppl do it
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
People bash them because they don't like them. And the TS saying they are a great band is an opinion. Just like saying they are a crappy band is an opinion. It's what people think and if you don't like it who cares. Listen to the bands you want and don't give a s**t about what other people think. I make fun of lots of bands Avenged Sevenfold included it does not mean you have to listen to me.
They're not horrible, but their fans annoy me. A couple weeks ago one of my friends told me that "Synester Gates is the best guitarist ever". Their songs get annoying after a while.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Draken
Really they should just try and be talented first.

Who are you to judge who is and is not talented? I'd love to see you make a band more successful than Avenged Sevenfold. Even if you have an amazing band, there's no point in having talent unless you can use it progressively such as this band has.

Quote by lanzaa
bashing a7x makes your e-penis bigger. thats why most ppl do it

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
I believe most people bash them because they have the potential to be a great metal band but just choose to go for a hard rock sound.

I don't mind them, but i prefer their older stuff than whatever they're releasing now.
Um, Avenged Sevenfold is metal. Rather poor metal, but still metal. Their first albums were metalcore. And I don't like them because people who have never picked up a guitar and those that can only play three power chords call them guitar gods. Same thing with Dragonfarce, honestly.
Quote by Thebiz
Who are you to judge who is and is not talented? I'd love to see you make a band more successful than Avenged Sevenfold. Even if you have an amazing band, there's no point in having talent unless you can use it progressively such as this band has.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!

Well let's see they're not progressive and are just pretty generic, hard rock and metal are tired genres and are getting more and more boring.
Quote by GiantRaven
Bashing a band based on their stage names?

Well done there...

Haha, but they ARE quite **** stage names

It's not my style of music, I can't really comment on how good they are at what they do. I'm just not ever going to get into them is all.
Quote by Chaosinferno825
Um, Avenged Sevenfold is metal. Rather poor metal, but still metal. Their first albums were metalcore. And I don't like them because people who have never picked up a guitar and those that can only play three power chords call them guitar gods. Same thing with Dragonfarce, honestly.

So I take it you can play harmonized guitar solos at 180 bpm then.
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams

umm i can play way more than power chords and more than 3 of those and yet, theyre still guitar gods
and dont ever insult dragonforce

So I take it you can play harmonized guitar solos at 180 bpm then.

yes, very hard to get that harmony though with only 2 hands, lol
just noticed how similar they are, and i think people just hate anything with two guitarists that can do more than they can
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Guitarists just seem to need to flex their E-P33N way too often. It's sad really.
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
I just hate the band. The singer really annoys me. Don't like his voice. Plus, their music is just poor. I just don't like their sound.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by Draken
Well let's see they're not progressive and are just pretty generic, hard rock and metal are tired genres and are getting more and more boring.

Yes and that's why those genres have not died and still attract millions of fans around the world.

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Thebiz
Yes and that's why those genres have not died and still attract millions of fans around the world.

Strangely that's because many people don't hear sections of the music and believe stuff is more original then it actually is.
I bash them occasionally. A lot of thier songs are repetitve, almost every song Ive heard is at 200BPM+ tempoes, and frankly, I dont think either guitarist is that great. Id call them Dragonforce without the power metal.

But I dont think they're that bad.
The vocals suck, but I love Synyster's guitar playing.
Why I Love Spanish Women

I'm hoping by "crack" you mean cleavage unless you have some kind of bizarre ass-chest.

Quote by Kensai
Dude, relax. Don't be so rape about things.