my band just got onto a gig opening for a band from ottawa ontario(canada.) who just won 40000 in a contest,and are winning a lot of things in general...they have played with april wine,gob,state of shock ect...anyway, my band is a young metal group, we're 14,15 yrs old, its a great oppurtunity 4 us...what are some good covers to learn for this show? i dont how long we have,the show isnt untill december,so we have a good amount of time to learn things. so,list some songs, or a short set we can look at learning(plz!!!) heres what im kinda thinking;
Master of Puppets-metallica
Caught in a Mosh-anthrax
A Tout Le Monde-megadeth
Raining Blood-Slayer
Laid to Rest-Lamb of God
Disposable Heroes-Metallica
This Godless Endeavour-Nevermore....ect that kinda thing
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Shouldn't, you know, write your own stuff?

Here's YOUR opportunity to show YOUR stuff, not how good you can play covers.

Thats just my opinion.
Those covers are good. but one question : Are you just going to play covers or do you have original material? If you do have original material, don't play too many covers. Covers are great to get people in the mood, but you have to showcase your writing abilities.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

My Gear :

-Peavey HP Signature EX
-Fender 100H(Head) + Fender FM412 (Cab)
-GBX Custom Bug
-Dunlop Wah Pedal GCB-95
-Marshall GV-2 Plus
-Boss CS-3
-Behringer Digital Reverb DR100
ya,we write our own stuff, but we will likely have an 1 hour to play for, and i havent written enough original material...but i agree with you,the originals will be the focal point of our show, but we definetely need some songs to cover. thx 4 the input
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer

ok.
don't be posers who think you're cool, and play metallica.

play some good metal.
such as killwhitneydead, and lamb of god.
Quote by wyldeshredder
ya,we write our own stuff, but we will likely have an 1 hour to play for, and i havent written enough original material...but i agree with you,the originals will be the focal point of our show, but we definetely need some songs to cover. thx 4 the input

That's good. I still suggest you write a bit more of material.

Best of luck!
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

My Gear :

-Peavey HP Signature EX
-Fender 100H(Head) + Fender FM412 (Cab)
-GBX Custom Bug
-Dunlop Wah Pedal GCB-95
-Marshall GV-2 Plus
-Boss CS-3
-Behringer Digital Reverb DR100
Quote by TragedyxLLBD
ok.
don't be posers who think you're cool, and play metallica.

play some good metal.
such as killwhitneydead, and lamb of god.

lamb of god,ya...never heard of the other guys though...and c'mon, quit knockin metallica. willie and mark said in a GW interview that And justice for all-metallica, and peace sells...but whos buying-megadeth were the most influential albums on them.
plz do not disrespect metallica,when they have influenced nearly every modern metal band, (no offense dude)
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer

you should do some covers if you dont have enough songs, but dont EVER cover the
band(s) your playing with, its just stupid, and if possible, make sure your not doing any covers someone else is doing, i dont think a big time band would do covers, but still, it doesnt hurt to check. but you should try writing some more material, if you got until december, you should be able to write a few more songs.
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
Quote by the_maestro
Shouldn't, you know, write your own stuff?

Here's YOUR opportunity to show YOUR stuff, not how good you can play covers.

Thats just my opinion.

+1
Quote by mybandsuks_15
you should do some covers if you dont have enough songs, but dont EVER cover the
band(s) your playing with, its just stupid, and if possible, make sure your not doing any covers someone else is doing, i dont think a big time band would do covers, but still, it doesnt hurt to check. but you should try writing some more material, if you got until december, you should be able to write a few more songs.

dont worry,we wont be covering prefect...truth be told,ive never heard them before.
i'll try to write some more,i've got another song in the works right now...
and holy wars or hangar 18 sounds good...but,does anyone have some basic ideas for cool tunes to cover, leaving original material out of the picture?
BTW,thx for input
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer

improvise some instead of doing too many covers, but.......

children of the grave by black sabbath

Jack my swag
Quote by wyldeshredder
my band just got onto a gig opening for a band from ottawa ontario(canada.) who just won 40000 in a contest,and are winning a lot of things in general...they have played with april wine,gob,state of shock ect...anyway, my band is a young metal group, we're 14,15 yrs old, its a great oppurtunity 4 us...what are some good covers to learn for this show? i dont how long we have,the show isnt untill december,so we have a good amount of time to learn things. so,list some songs, or a short set we can look at learning(plz!!!) heres what im kinda thinking;
Master of Puppets-metallica
Caught in a Mosh-anthrax
A Tout Le Monde-megadeth
Raining Blood-Slayer
Laid to Rest-Lamb of God
Disposable Heroes-Metallica
This Godless Endeavour-Nevermore....ect that kinda thing

Write your own stuff?
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

hmm, i just bought a c.d. by wednesday 13, their somewhat metal, horror metal. but the songs on the fang bang album are really good. you could play Kill You Before You Kill Me, More Blood, My Home Sweet Homicide.
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
Holy Wars by Megadeth.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
fall out boy?

no haha just kidding try to use that time to write more of your own material :P
Looking for a new sig!
write ur own stuff
Hallowed Be thy name (Iron Maiden)
Cemetary Gates (Pantera)
Quote by bambi_slaughter

what sound does a baby make when you put it in a blender?
i dunno, i was to busy masturba ting.

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
if my guitar had a pussy, i would never leave my room
write ur own stuff
Hallowed Be thy name (Iron Maiden)
Cemetary Gates (Pantera)
i agree completely...gates and HBTN would be good,and i'm workin on 2 originals right now
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer

Quote by mybandsuks_15

I'd like to point out that bigger bands do cover songs. Just 'cause they're big, doesn't mean that don't like jamming on their favorite songs. Besides, if it's a song that is popular, it'll get the crowd more into it.
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
SPAAAAAAAARRRRTTTAAA! No?
Quote by Guitarist132
Incorrect, the correct answer was papua new guinea

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.
Quote by monkeyboyjr
I'd like to point out that bigger bands do cover songs. Just 'cause they're big, doesn't mean that don't like jamming on their favorite songs. Besides, if it's a song that is popular, it'll get the crowd more into it.

true, i guess i should say that they don't do too many covers, i have not been too many concerts (only 4), and they didnt do any covers, i guess it depends more on the band
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
learn a really kick ass instrumental - Transylvania - Iron maiden

Disciples of the Watch - Testament (not an instrumental) that song is really fast but if you can do it right i think it would impress