Im looking for a gibson or epi explorer with a whammy bar

I love the tone of explorers but i play alot of kirk hammet stuff so i need a whammy bar
Quote by joeymaxx
can you actually buy that?

Why wouldn't you be able to?
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by joeymaxx
can you actually buy that?

They were a limited edition run in responce to the succes of Gibson's Gothic serie, so as far as I know, yes, you could.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
The Epiphone Goth 1958 X-plorer:

Aint the '58 goth explorer with a tune o matic and stop tailpiece ?
Never saw one with a fr
try a jackson kelly...same shape, but different pups prolly. the KE2 and KE3 have duncans in them i think
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Quote by Ippon
I just saw 2 on eBay.

^^^ I didn't know it was a limited run.

I believe the Goth series itself isn't, but the one X-plorer with th FR was, or atleast it seems to be discontinued.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
I believe the Goth series itself isn't, but the one X-plorer with th FR was, or atleast it seems to be discontinued.

Yea, I knew it was discontinued ... I was equating limited run with a special run like for a year or a set number. Originally, I thought it was part of regular production that got killed/stopped.

Quote by Ippon
Yea, I knew it was discontinued ... I was equating limited run with a special run like for a year or a set number. Originally, I thought it was part of regular production that got killed/stopped.

You're probably right...
check ebay for bc rich explorers
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
You could just get yourself a regular Explorer and later on add an OFR, though it might turn out to be very complicated (due to all the routing and stuff) and expensive.
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
Quote by BassTalk
You could just get yourself a regular Explorer and later on add an OFR, though it might turn out to be very complicated (due to all the routing and stuff) and expensive.

Yeah FR's are a bit of a pain to rout for, people prefer to but with one then maybe switch to an OFR.