Well let's see where to start,
I have a few of my pedals on eBay right now. I'm getting completely rid of my BF-2 BOSS Flanger.

Next we have the PH-2 Super Phaser, I just didn't ever think it wouldn't be less superior to the MXR phase 90. This was until I played one . So I am interested in the MXR Custom Shop Script Phase 90. That LED is one of the bomb mods for the MXR Phasers! I like original though. I love all things vintage. What would be the better of the MXR phase products?

So moving along, I put up my DD-20 as well. I wanted to get something with a little more depth. If that makes sense? I just feel it was very thin sounding. I liked the DD-2 that I had for a while. Simple features, but had TONE! I hear the DD-6 is a very nice little pedal. Reverse is something I'd like too. I have played the echopark before, and I liked it. I just want one that'll blow me away.

Lastly, I am not satisfied with my 535Q. Maybe I'm doing the setting all wrong? All I know, is that I played a Crybaby Classic, and just absolutely loved the distinct sound I got from it. Totally different from my 535Q. I'm looking into VOX and all other makes as well though.

To help out with opinions on these, I play music along the lines of The Doors meets Godsmack. With a little bit of Tool and SRV in there.... lol. So like... what do we all think here? ALL opinions are wanted!!! Thanks for reading!
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
The Phase 90 is pretty awesome.

For the delay, if you want to get a very simple one but with possibly the best tone, try an EHX DMM or the new DMM with Hazarai, looks very interesting.

As for the wah, try a RMC Wizard, you can get those cheap, they handle metal well and are also decent clean.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
i just got a DD-6 and it's fan-friggin-tastic. the warp mode is lots of fun, the reverse delay works well, and the tones on the delay itself are nice and rich, very live-sounding. it gets up to 5.2 secs of delay, but i never need more than 2 seconds... tap tempo, 5 second recording loop, and it's all in a single-sized pedal... they used to say the dd-3 was the industry standard among delays, and the dd-6 is billed as being a much-needed modern update on the original.

i got rid of my echo park pedal... it ate too much power, it caused really ****ty hum in my effect loop, it was too heavy, the knobs were too awkward... the tap tempo was actually not bad, but the usual pitfall was that line-6 tried to cram close to a dozen tones into one little pedal, and none of them came out sounding all that sweet. the volume swell is a neat feature, but it's nothing you can't do with you volume pedal and a little patience.
The Deluxe Memory Man is one I hear about a lot. However, I'm a BOSS guy. Since I'm going with an MXR Phase pedal, I guess that's not true now. hmmm.....

O.K. Delay : EHX DMM , DD-6

Phase: MXR Phase 90

Wah: I still have no idea? I'm not wanting one that can handle just metal. looking for the all around bad @$$
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
^ Why are you a Boss guy? They use 20 cent bypass systems, suck tone like mad and sound pretty poor stock IMO.
+25 to Mr. Carrot

Phaser-script Phase 90 or Nano Small Stone
Delay-Deluxe Memory Man or Tech 21 Boost D.L.A
Wah-Vox or RMC Picture/Wizard
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
For the wah, try an RMC Wizard or maybe try out a Buddah Bud-Wah
Quote by MrCarrot
^ Why are you a Boss guy? They use 20 cent bypass systems, suck tone like mad and sound pretty poor stock IMO.

Well damn! lol... I'll have my Boss Tremolo and Tuner in the mix as the only ones made by them. So looking at the other posts, how does the Small Stone stack up to the Phase 90?
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
the small stone sounds warmer than the phase 90, and the color switch makes it very versitile (can pull off some wacky sounds). The phase 90 (scrript) is still a classic phaser and it sounds awesome but the small stone is cheaper and more versitile, and i love the sound

Try both for yourself and see what you like (Note-The normal sized small stone has a noticeable volume drop, and it's not nearly as apparent in the nano)
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
I see, I see.

Alright then, how about the wah pedals? I haven't heard of RMC Wizard before, but ofcourse I've heard of Buddah Wah. Difference bewtween these two? I don't think I'll actually be able to try these out due to the local shop not having crap.
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
yea... so... about those wahs?
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
the wizard wah is basically a boutique wah made by Teese. It's esspecially voiced for higher gain. The Teese Picture wah is very vintage voiced
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Alright, but would the Wizard sound good in "metal" to "clean" mode? Like, either way?
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
^ idk about that but the picture wah does not handle high gain too well. it jsut fizzes allday long in the toe down position. i was messing with mine today, it works for mid-gain (pop punk) and below. i really never get above that because i play really low gain stuff
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by MrCarrot

thats the words i use to explain boss bypass!!! and you can see because it says 20 cents. brits don't use cents.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i agree that many Boss pedals suck... all their distortion pedals are pretty meh, and i don't like too many modulation effects that are digital... but their delays are fantastic. i have the ce-5 chorus pedal and it's pretty nice, though it's a tad cheesy-sounding.

but yeah... if you need some really sweet modulation effects, like octave, or flange, or phaser, etc... get something analog, or a higher-end digital pedal.
Quote by frigginjerk
i agree that many Boss pedals suck... all their distortion pedals are pretty meh, and i don't like too many modulation effects that are digital... but their delays are fantastic. i have the ce-5 chorus pedal and it's pretty nice, though it's a tad cheesy-sounding.

but yeah... if you need some really sweet modulation effects, like octave, or flange, or phaser, etc... get something analog, or a higher-end digital pedal.

..... uh huh..... well uh, where's your 2 cents on anything relevent?
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
I reckon EHX Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai to replace the DD-20, because it is just great and I'm getting one.

MXR Phase 90 is a completely different phaser to the PH-2. THe PH-2 is more designed to give more wacky, stronger 12-stage phasing. Sounds pretty unique. THe MXR Phase 90 is a great lush, organic phaser though that never ceases to amaze so yes I recommend getting the MXR Phase 90. The EVH Phase 90 has both the Script Mod and standard Block Logo so i'd recommend that one.

The 535Q is a great wah and you really have to tweak it to get your exact sound that you are after. It takes a while to master but well worth it once you do. If you are clasic rock person, you would want to try a VOX V848. Other than that, try some Fulltone, Budda and Teese wahs. They are brilliant.

Just reading what you play, i reckon the 535Q is perfect for you as it is versatile. You just need to tweak it a little more before replacing it.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by guitarist_with_
PH-2 > Phase 90

I have both and i disagree. They are completely different pedals.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by guitarrocka205

eat a ****ing dick... you asked about the dd-6, i gave you my opinion, and then i joined in the debate about the overall quality of boss pedals... you may have started the thread, but you don't own it. good luck with life.
THE LOVE!!!
anyway

i own a dd-6, played line 6 DL4, vintage 70 something memory man, and couple other non noteworthy delays and digital delay(line that digitech one). Personally i prefer my dd6 to them all, simple, easy to use, sounds pretty damn good. i would definitely steer clear of the DL4 though and the memory man sounds good but i prefer my dd6 still. just enough delay to handle everything but long sampling(i can usually get enough anyway) for the money i don't see anyone getting much better without spending quite a bit more. And if you want something that costs alot then go after the slick looking moogerfooger analog delay.

as far as wahs go i am a big advocate of just the regular old Dunlop Crybaby Wah, i haven't heard another wah that has made me just want to dump it in the trash and step up. My wah tone is as good as anyone else's imo. The way i look at it is when you buy gear you can go cheap with the wah 'cuz it don't really matter. wah is really all in how you use it anyway.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
THE LOVE!!!
anyway

i own a dd-6, played line 6 DL4, vintage 70 something memory man, and couple other non noteworthy delays and digital delay(line that digitech one). Personally i prefer my dd6 to them all, simple, easy to use, sounds pretty damn good. i would definitely steer clear of the DL4 though and the memory man sounds good but i prefer my dd6 still. just enough delay to handle everything but long sampling(i can usually get enough anyway) for the money i don't see anyone getting much better without spending quite a bit more. And if you want something that costs alot then go after the slick looking moogerfooger analog delay.

as far as wahs go i am a big advocate of just the regular old Dunlop Crybaby Wah, i haven't heard another wah that has made me just want to dump it in the trash and step up. My wah tone is as good as anyone else's imo. The way i look at it is when you buy gear you can go cheap with the wah 'cuz it don't really matter. wah is really all in how you use it anyway.

I wholeheartedly agree about the wah. Its all in the user. You can have a brilliant user using a GCB-95 and a guy with a Fulltone Clyde that sounds like ****. The 535Q is a brilliant wah from Dunlop though so as I mentioned, just tweak it a bit more.

The Moog Analog Delay is absolutely wonderful but ridiculously expensive.
Some good delays are:
Boss DD-3/DD-6
Guyatone MD-3
EHX Memory Man series/#1 Echo
Diamond Memory Lane
Carl Martin Red Repeat
Guyatone Tube Analog Delay
BYOC Delay
Maxon AD-9/AD-808

and plenty more.

Oh and gumbilicious, I wanna buy a Moog MuRF soon. How does it work for you? I've heard many sound samples but is it a great and versatile pedal? I know what it does and how it functions but is there anything you can tell me about it, soundwise or absolutely anything.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by frigginjerk

this is actually a good post. i totally agree. but "higher-end digital pedals" work on only some of the modulation effects. phaser, octave, chorus i think analog is the only way to go. and Boss delay is awesome. but Boss bypass sucks ass. i have a Boss delay clone with true bypass.
Quote by guitarrocka205

so don't be a dick.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Dont know if anyone has mentioned it but the Diamond Memory Lane shits all over the DMM.

EDIT: theres also the Pigtronix Echolution
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Last edited by igotabcrich32 at Oct 4, 2007,
Quote by igotabcrich32
Dont know if anyone has mentioned it but the Diamond Memory Lane shits all over the DMM.

EDIT: theres also the Pigtronix Echolution

Yeah I mentioned the Diamond Memory Lane. Great underground analog delay!
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Not sure about everything else but for delay, go with the Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man.

Its just that amazing. Yes, its expensive but when you plug it on, your like :| wow. You could put a slight delay on your cleans, or you can make them extremly dreamy as if your sleeping in the clouds.

It works really well for distortion also, makes your solos sound sweet as ****. Get one hah
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
I just thought I'd let everyone that left a post, I purchased 2 DMM. One doesn't have the power supply though... The other one is new! So, PM me if ya know what I'm sayin' .... I only need ONE.... HOWEVER I haven't recieved them yet. Ebay can be a slow process sometimes.
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
Dude, just got in the Phase 90 Script w/ the LED..... phenomenal. Simply awesome, yet so damn easy to use! I tried it along with the Small Stone/SSNano and this is just great. Simple really is the better way to go IMO. Try one out if y'all get the chance.... Is it wrong to look at a pedal like it's sexy? I mean.... ok I'm leaving...

01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
i have a true bypass clone with a depth knob of the script phase 90.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard