ok guys im new to UG, so i'll make my first post short n simple,

it seems that im currently in a dilemma about which gear to buy,
i have four choices -

1. a new electric guitar (mid-range price, non tremolo, bt should luk gud n have decent tone)
2. a new electric-acoustic guitar (again mid-range, and should have an im-built eq and gud enough tone)
3. a BOSS loop station, the foot pedal one, forgot which one it was called
4. a new amp, just a 50 watt amp, which is a gr8 upgrade from my current pathetic 15 watt marshall

so im putting my tattered and battered trust in u UGers, so please help a fellow guitarist out!!!! well thanx in advance,

and ohh yeah, to those concerned, i play metal mostly, so if u could suggest ny amp or guitar models which r kick ass, den plzz feel free to suggest,,

peace out!!! foo!!!
New amp i'd say.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

You'll hear it from everyone, get a new amp first, You'll probably get a lot of people suggesting the vox valvetronix series (rightly so), or the roland cube series (also great). Get your amp before your guitar.
New amp.
The Laney LC or VC 15 would do you better off than a 50 watt solidstate.
Mine is heard down the street with the volume on 3 and the gain on 5. Oh yes.
amp, yeah, but no marshall mg. size doesnt matter (unless you gig, but i dont think you do) ,sound does matter
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
well im gona buy a roland cube 60, heard theyr good for begginer-intermediate metal/rock players, post what you have now
and ohh yaa i have a pod xt live, if that makes any difference in the amp selection, n mr. monkey dancer, could you please direct me to an english teacher who is either not hot or gay???
right now i have one of 'em marshall mg's n yaa they do suck hard, and yaa i do gig, but i usually use the PA system connected with my pod, but now im thinking of ditching dt ol' bitch and mic-king my amp
of course its up to you, and effects can generally be more "exciting", but a nice amp is perfect in the long run. get something with nice cleans then you can get a good distortion/ od pedal.
Amp. Preferably a tube combo and maybe some analog stomp boxes.
Quote by pENTAcUBE
Prick, his english was fine, burn.

No it wasn't, and neither was yours.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
I'm quite calm to be honest.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by spider666
and ohh yaa i have a pod xt live, if that makes any difference in the amp selection, n mr. monkey dancer, could you please direct me to an english teacher who is either not hot or gay???

Check out Atomic amps if you live the models on the xt live, they de digitise the sound alot and you can with some care get some very convincing sounds. still not perfect but a huge step up from any other option to amplify modelers.

http://www.atomicamps.com/
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
MD, hush up. Many people on UG don't speak English as a native language and therefore the standards are sometimes low. Even if it is his native tongue then there could be a host of reasons why the grammar and/or spelling were poor e.g. lack of education; learning disability, etc.

Proper use of language does not make you in any way superior, more intelligent or more valuable to society. You're obviously an uptight faggot so take your poor attitude somewhere more fitting, perhaps the bottom of a high cliff or mine field.

Now, to answer the TS, I think a nice amp would be your best bet but it would be helpful to know both your price range and your preferred style of playing.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I'm not sure I would have put it quite that way SB (and then again maybe so) but what you said about the English language is right on. English is a notoriously imprecise and difficult language for some first language speakers, and is a bitch to learn. American English is quite different from the Queen's English, or Australian English or Indian English. In addition some choose to speak in slang as a matter of culture. I.E. teh brootalz. If a poster doesn't understand a TS then its time to ask them to clarify, not flame them.
So you call someone a faggot? Wow thats nice. Why dont you just use some more hate-speach? Why Didnt you go all the way out and call him an uptight faggot kike ****** lover?! You may not agree with him but throwing around faggot isnt the right way to go about things like that. Is it really ok to call people faggot and call things gay still? Jesus I thought I was way beyond that when I got out of high school but I guess people with attitudes of 16 year olds are still around every corner. You got way more bent about his comment than the guy who it was aimed at.