I need to so I can download a file because spyware won't let me
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
my advice just delete the software you dont need it as long as you have your files backed up and the cd with your operating system e.g. windows xp home edition
Quote by lachlano2000
my advice just delete the software you dont need it as long as you have your files backed up and the cd with your operating system e.g. windows xp home edition

I don't want to delete it entirely. I know I'll regret it

I just want to disable it for a while lol.

where is at on my PC?
oh and if you do what I told you to just wipe your hard drive completely about every two months and reinstall whatever operating system you have. you can also do this when you have viruses on your computer instead of taking it in to the computer store and having them charge you way to much
Quote by lachlano2000
oh and if you do what I told you to just wipe your hard drive completely about every two months and reinstall whatever operating system you have. you can also do this when you have viruses on your computer instead of taking it in to the computer store and having them charge you way to much

well it's a school laptop we get. I just want to download a simple file Spiralfrog is gay
lol
I wasn't going to delete it lol

EDIT:

Mcafee Virusscan
Kind of. I just use it for music and tabs and writing my own stuff down on notebook and ****. I clicked on the V symbol on the taskbar and "disconnect connections" was disabled
ummm get in the program and find where the firewall options are and click on disable firewall. i've never heard of that program so right now i'm just guessing
Quote by lachlano2000
ummm get in the program and find where the firewall options are and click on disable firewall. i've never heard of that program so right now i'm just guessing

I went to start>all programs>networkassociates>virusscan on-demand access

and everything was disabled- i couldn't mess with it

where would I go to find my firewall
so its running Mcafee Virus scan?

I'm running internet security suite 07 right now...slows the computer down quite a bit and I have a fast setup...........

I know you cant turn off the spyware sweep in that or turn of virus scan which is why I'm going a different route when my virus program expires next year.

I will just download a trial virus scan every now and then and sweep the computer but as for spyware, I ALWAYS use Spybot Search & destroy. You let it scan for a few minutes and then it closes down...nice and easy.
if you are on a windows machine go to control pannel and click of firewall settings or something like that
I'm trying to download the Spiralfrog Download Manager and when I run the setup a message pops up saying I'm missing a patch.

I looked at the FAQs and it says its anti-virus, anti-spyware blocking it.

But my I guess my school disabled anything to where I can't **** with it.
Quote by TDKshorty
I don't want to delete it entirely. I know I'll regret it

I just want to disable it for a while lol.

where is at on my PC?

Well that would depend entirely on WHAT program it is.

How do you expect us to help with absolutely no details given? Do you expect us to tell you to type "disable anti-spyware" in a text pad and automatically solve your problem or something?
if you cant get past it delete the software and download avg anti spyware free of the net
It's controlled through a group policy so I can't mess with it
haha i can
but it's not in there
lol

EDIT: found it
so get in there and if you don' care about getting into trouble with your school do what i'm about to tell you. go into frogram files and find all of the school files and delete them and than empty your recycle bin and than finaly defrag your computer. if that worked you shoud now have complete control over your laptop
Quote by lachlano2000
so get in there and if you don' care about getting into trouble with your school do what i'm about to tell you. go into frogram files and find all of the school files and delete them and than empty your recycle bin and than finaly defrag your computer. if that worked you shoud now have complete control over your laptop

thats ok
I don't need that Godspeed You! Black Emperor album that bad

or the new foo fighters
try getting utorrent,limewire or morpheus you can download pretty much anything from any off them
that gets me ISS
lol
I'll get one of my friends to download them for me

thanks though