hmm, you link to a site that has a list of people who played that bass. most being men. what do you think?
What makes you think it's only for women?
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Lou Barlow from dinosaur jr plays one and a yellow daisy flower bass, and hes twice the man you will ever be.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by Ki'
The orange-red colour, and it's short scale. Just looking for second opinions.

I think the colour looks pretty awesome, not particularly girly, and girls can handle full scale basses just as well as us guys, there's a few females on this forum I know feel patronised by short scale basses always being marketed more towards girls than guys.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Ki'
The orange-red colour, and it's short scale. Just looking for second opinions.

are these basses for girls aswell?

i tell you know the bass thats for girls.

its what ever bass they pick up and feel most comfortable playing

EDIT:- +1 to indie's post.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by creepingjesus73
Not at all! It's a great bass, little or not, with fantastic tone.

How would you describe the tone? I'm half thinking of buying one.
Sounds like a Fender, but not as trebly as a Jazz, or as boomy as a Precision. A bit smoother. But it is a great tone, check early Talking Heads or Quo to hear it properly. I'm not familiar with all the players on the Wiki list, or their music, but the 70's hits of the two above are Mustang powered. It's a quality bass which won't break your back or your wallet!
hey short people need good basses too.

But seriously, I agree with Jesus (lol) it is a good budget bass.
Quote by jsbassboy
hey short people need good basses too.

The laugh is that Alan Lancaster, who is a little guy, switched to an aluminium neck Kramer in the late 70's. A great big huge beast of a bass. Good small basses are few and far between, and the Mustang punches above its' weight (length?).
Yeah, the bass is only for women. Just like Bill Wyman and Klaus Flouride.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I own nine basses, and the MIJ Fender Mustang is one of the funnest basses to play, since it is a short scale and has a fast neck. Wonderful tone too, although when you compare it to a vintage '62 P-bass, the tone is a little thinner. But the range of tones you get is pretty good, especially with roundwounds. The bright tone is good for popping and slapping, and the meaty mids are good to cut through situations where a P-bass or a J-bass can't do the job. Since the neck is shorter than either of these Fenders (and narrower), the bass is great for fast runs.

Origianlly it was manufactured by Fender to be the "student" model, but even professional bassists took it up as an alternative to the other two Fenders. The first model was introduced in 1966, and it had a good run into the 1970s. Then it was discontinued and became a sought after instrument. In the late 1990s, Fender Japan started to make them as a vintage reissue item, and it has sold pretty well--the craftsmanship is impeccable--much better than Fenders made in other areas of Asia or Polynesia. It feels like a quality instrument when you pick it up and play it. The pickups are made by Seymour Duncan, I believe, for the Fender Japan factory, so you are getting a good quality instrument.

I used it for a few tracks on my band's CD, and it gives a subtle contrast to the boomy P-bass tone that is used elsewhere on the album. It's a great travel bass, and it looks classic--in the sense that the body shape will not go out of style. Plus, it is much lighter on the shoulders, which is a good thing if you happen to play for hours every night.

I bought mine (a vintage white with tortoiseshell pickguard) used through a dealer online, and got a pretty good deal on it ($425). Someone was selling a Mustang bass in my area a few weeks ago, thinking it was a cheap Bronco bass--it was selling for only $100. Man, I should have picked it up!

Anyways, I hope that's enough info to convince you that it is not a toy. It's the perfect bass for impromptu jam sessions, it holds its own against other basses, and it's a genuine Fender bass. If you can get it for about $450-500, you are getting a great deal.
Jaco de Lucia.

The Zen of Duh: How low can you go? Zero Hertz. That's the lowest anyone can go. Just turn off your bass amp and not play.

Q-tuner PUs (0X0 configuration) and HG Thor Labs for the best fretless bass tone. MWAH FACTOR!!!