I understand most of the harmonics on guitar pro, but semi harmonics and artifical harmonics puzzle me.

I've been told artifical harmonics are the same as pinch harmonics, but guitar pro comes with pinches and artificals..
artificials are when you barely touch the string.
your finger just rests on the string.
not solidly,
not loosely.
just tight enough,
but just loose enough to make a destinguishable sound.
im not sure about semi harmonics,
but im positive about articial.
Here's your basic rundown of different harmonic techniques:

Natural
Lightly touch the string with your fretting hand at various positions on the fretboard, but don't press down. The easiest to produce harmonics are at the fifth, seventh, and twelfth frets -- producing, respectively, the pedal note two octaves up, one octave above the perfect fifth, and the pedal note again but just one octave up. There are additional harmonics you can find above, below and between those, but the three mentioned above are the most prominent and most common. With your picking hand, you pluck the string normally.

Artificial
Similar in principal to natural harmonics, but a little bit more difficult to execute. This time, you actually fret a note with your fretting hand. With your picking hand, you lightly touch the string 5,7,12, etc. frets above where you have fretted the note with your fretting hand. Then, you pluck the string with your pinky or a pick held with your other fingers of your picking hand. The result is being able to produce harmonics over any note of your choice on the fretboard, rather than just over the 6 or 7 open-string notes.

Pinch
Pinch harmonics are all about your picking hand. The basic idea is to have the side of your thumb brush against the string immediately after you pick, deadening the fundamental/pedal tone and allowing the harmonic to ring out. It's more commonly done on a fretted note rather than an open one, so you can more easily bend or give vibrato to the note.

Semi-Harmonic
Semi-harmonics are almost identical to pinch harmonics. The only real difference is you don't completely deaden the fundamental note. It requires you to just barely brush your thumb against the string after picking.
if you can pinch harmonic, just brush your thumb more lightly against the string so that both the fretted note an the harmonic sound
Quote by Alvin the Great
Here's your basic rundown of different harmonic techniques:

Natural
Lightly touch the string with your fretting hand at various positions on the fretboard, but don't press down. The easiest to produce harmonics are at the fifth, seventh, and twelfth frets -- producing, respectively, the pedal note two octaves up, one octave above the perfect fifth, and the pedal note again but just one octave up. There are additional harmonics you can find above, below and between those, but the three mentioned above are the most prominent and most common. With your picking hand, you pluck the string normally.

Artificial
Similar in principal to natural harmonics, but a little bit more difficult to execute. This time, you actually fret a note with your fretting hand. With your picking hand, you lightly touch the string 5,7,12, etc. frets above where you have fretted the note with your fretting hand. Then, you pluck the string with your pinky or a pick held with your other fingers of your picking hand. The result is being able to produce harmonics over any note of your choice on the fretboard, rather than just over the 6 or 7 open-string notes.

Pinch
Pinch harmonics are all about your picking hand. The basic idea is to have the side of your thumb brush against the string immediately after you pick, deadening the fundamental/pedal tone and allowing the harmonic to ring out. It's more commonly done on a fretted note rather than an open one, so you can more easily bend or give vibrato to the note.

Semi-Harmonic
Semi-harmonics are almost identical to pinch harmonics. The only real difference is you don't completely deaden the fundamental note. It requires you to just barely brush your thumb against the string after picking.

+1
i didnt know that
i knew about all different harmonics but not the names.
i love artificial harmonics on clean with some chorus.
do the harmonics of a sus2 chord an octave up, beautiful.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
and to add to that list of harmonics a tapped harmonic is where u tap down with your finger on a node point as if u were going to do legato but u dont press it down the full way so it rings out a harmonic.its a bit tricky to get used to cos u need to be super accurate buts its not too hard to do,its sort of a whipping motion cos if u stay in contact with the string too long u will deaden the harmonic
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial