i know this website isnt really about drums, but my parents found a drum set at costco and the brand was Fender. It is a 300 dollar 5 piece set and im not sure whether i should get it or not.

I know Fender is a good company, but i never knew they made drums.
Chances are, if it's at costco, it's probably not the highest quality kit. I also wasn't aware Fender made drums. It might be alright for screwing around with.
If you aren't really a drummer and just wanna mess around, then you might as well get a cheap option, and if that seems fairly cheap - I don't know much about drum kit prices - then go for it
Quote by M.B.MetalTabber
If you aren't really a drummer and just wanna mess around, then you might as well get a cheap option, and if that seems fairly cheap - I don't know much about drum kit prices - then go for it

+1^
$300 is a pretty decent price for a cheap kit. I know Gretsch makes Good Quality drum kits, which is sort of a Fender company. Maybe they use lower-end Gretsch drums and slapped a fender sticker on them?
I'd probly buy them, except my drummer leaves his bad-ass pearl kit here...so i just mess with those.