So here we go, I want a good amp that got a good sound whitout pedal or any other adds ( i want play metalcore / classic rock / hardcore well) I got around 400 buck for an amp my guitar is a dean radical flying v
Well I am not going to ask what amp your using. Any amp sounds better with a pedal in front, but in my opinion I think the cube 30 is around there... I might be way off but I have to double check.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
a roland cube 60 will be awesome for you
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by Horlicks
Peavey valveking

Peavey valvekings can't push much metal without a overdrive pedal.
-Charlie Christian
-Jimi Hendrix
-Slash
Quote by ericgentz
Well I am not going to ask what amp your using. Any amp sounds better with a pedal in front, but in my opinion I think the cube 30 is around there... I might be way off but I have to double check.

Yep scratch that to roland cube 60
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-60-Guitar-Amp?sku=480197
-Charlie Christian
-Jimi Hendrix
-Slash
Have any of you ever tried a valveking? It's got LOADS of gain, easily enough for metal core. I did just recently. I used a Michael Kelly Patriot. It's a very crunchy sound, with loads of gain and harmonics.
I have a 50 watt 112 VK combo. It has more than enough gain for blues/classic rock and can get to Randy Rhoads-era metal without a pedal. Needs a pedal for modern metal. I honestly don't know anything about metalcore or hardcore. Costs $449+$45 for the footswitch. If you play modern metal past 6 on the volume it will need a speaker upgrade. Doen't respond well to scooped mids.
Get the Cube 60, trust me, it rocks! It's my favorite Solid State amp! (that I've tried so far)
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Quote by ericgentz
Any amp sounds better with a pedal in front

Solid State maybe...

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by philjay
Solid State maybe...

Nope, it depends on the pedal. An Eq can make almost any amp more tweakable, possibly making it sound better, Wah pedals work nicely on all amps, an OCD works great on SS and tube amps, the DMM works great in front of any amp, and so on.

Depends on the tone you're aiming for, and the pedal you're using.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
^ Not really... for some tube amps they really sound better without pedals. I barely use pedals anymore with my orange, it justs sounds better without them. I ended selling a couple.
  • Gibson LP Special
  • Fender MIM Strat
  • Orange Rocker 30 head w/ PPC212
  • Keeley modded TS9, Morley BH2, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-20

Member of the Orange Revolution Club
Quote by Hyp0critical
^ Not really... for some tube amps they really sound better without pedals. I barely use pedals anymore with my orange, it justs sounds better without them. I ended selling a couple.

Like I said, it depends on the tone you're aiming for. What if you're playing some slash stuff with wah, or some tom morello licks that require wah, delay and whammy? What if you're playing some randy rhoads' stuff and you want to get that saturated tone that requires a distortion pedal in front?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra