ok, this is the first post for me, altho there could be a second one here concerning wiring pickups in paralell.

Iam the owner of a Line 6 Spider III 15 amp. (not a very big amp, but I have only just seriously started to learn to play electric guitar having played acoustic a bit before so my knowledge levels of amplification are severely limited) A Fender Telecaster guitar and I would like to know what equipment i would need to reproduce Brian May's sound (or a close approximation to it as i don't have HIS guitar or skills sadly).

I would like to be able to do this as cheaply as possible so I owuld like an Ideal list and a financially practical list please. I'm turning to those who know more than I as I realise my limitations.
Buy his Red Special pedal.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly

Lol yeah...
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by Green_Jelly

Such a thing exists??

Tell me more! or better yet. link me lol
or u could buy an EQ and boost the treble side. Get a good british-sounding tube amp (he used AC30s), and get some Burns Trisonic pickups.
Were you expecting anything other than gear suggestions? Because you could have googled that
well may i know used/uses a Vox AC30. considering you are just starting electric, you wont want to dish out the cash right away for a $1100 amp (USD). with your line 6, you are going to have to figure out which modeling preset sounds best. i have never used one myself, but i am guessing a vintage setting would be your best bet if they have one.

i am sure if you check out the vox valvetronix models you would have a better chance replicating may's tone. but i dont know how long ago you bought the line 6, therefore you may not want to buy a new amp. also, you can check out the ULTIMATE SETTINGS THREAD for a brian may setting.

good luck. and be prepared to catch **** from UG by having a line 6 spider. i personally dont have an opinion on them, but most of the users here hate them. big time.

**edit for a double negative...**
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
thanks guys... franticly taking notes... Yeah I do have a line 6, it seemed the most bank for my buck last month.. saved me havibg to buy a load of effects pedals right away. I do intend ot upgrade in the future but for the purposes of learning it suits me.
Quote by Green_Jelly

If the Clapton one is anything to go by it'll be chronically awful. Use a mid-gain vintage overdrive sound with loads of midrange and a teeny bit of phaser.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
and here is where the convo goes WAY above my head.... but.. I'm here to learn so......
Sorry, my bad - on the spider select one of the lower gain amp models, probably BLues with the green LED with the gain about 3/4. Have the mids knob way up, bass just enough to warm things up and treble pretty high. For effects just use the phaser on a mild setting.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

^ That's great advice mate!
Some light delay could come in handy too, but it's not a must. The coin as a pick through the "Red Special" through a treble boost through an AC-30 is his general sound, lemme show you this article.
http://petecornish.co.uk/tbreview.html

I highly doubt you could get all of that equipment so I'd go with Mark's advice if I were you, it'd get you pretty damn close
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
he uses an old english sixpence as a pick
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
and his hair blots out the sun.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by Phoenixx73
ok, this is the first post for me, altho there could be a second one here concerning wiring pickups in paralell.

Iam the owner of a Line 6 Spider III 15 amp. (not a very big amp, but I have only just seriously started to learn to play electric guitar having played acoustic a bit before so my knowledge levels of amplification are severely limited) A Fender Telecaster guitar and I would like to know what equipment i would need to reproduce Brian May's sound (or a close approximation to it as i don't have HIS guitar or skills sadly).

I would like to be able to do this as cheaply as possible so I owuld like an Ideal list and a financially practical list please. I'm turning to those who know more than I as I realise my limitations.

1 - Try to not have too many threads going at the same time.

2 - If you must start another thread on wiring, know this first. Most 3 pickup single-coil wiring schemes ARE parallel. Brian May's guitar uses series wiring.

3 - Beware of so-called Brian May "plus" wiring schemes. The ones that claim to do the pickups in series OR in parallel. Most of them fail miserably. If you're real nice to me, I'll show you where to find one that actually works. Most of the schemes for series only, with phase switches do work well.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by steven seagull
If the Clapton one is anything to go by it'll be chronically awful. Use a mid-gain vintage overdrive sound with loads of midrange and a teeny bit of phaser.

Actually, I found the Red Special pedal to produce the "We Will Rock You" solo tone quite well. The Clapton and Jimi Hendrix pedals ARE god awful, though.