I posted this in beginners because it's my first floyd rose setup, although I had no problems with the actual setup surprisingly, just a squeaky noise when I use the trem.

I just setup my new vanguard's tremolo, and I have experience effing with guitars at this point (first floyd rose setup I've done though). Everything is perfect -- action is fine, bridge is almost parallel to the body (as close as it'll ever get), and it stays in tune perfectly. to be honest, I thought the setup was, while being harder than normal, actually pretty easy if you know what your doing.

problem is, when I use it, it squeaks! dunno why, I had used it before (it worked fine,but was the intonation was a hair off cuz the bridge wasn't perfectly parallel) with no squeek.

there are three springs, and they are actually clamped down decently tight, but again, the bridge is close to parallel and the strings stay in tune after fierce diving. I just wanna remove the squeaking noise.

springs are strong and in good condition. I have them running straight up/down in the claw area. There are 3.

any ideas?
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
You could try either putting in another spring, which would relieve some of the tension in the other springs. Or you could try a very small squirt of WD-40.

Try looking at the back while its open and pull on the bar and try to see if you can tell what is squeaking. But I would personally try just putting in another spring. They are a couple of bucks and you will most likly need one if you ever want higher gauge strings. My Jackson came and when I put new strings on it they were only .10s and I nearly needed another spring.

Hope that helps a little.
stuff tissue around the springs
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
stuff tissue around the springs

that might've worked, but I just changed the arrangement of springs.

see, one was touching the side of the cavity, causing the sound. but the floyd works fine if I put the spring at an angle, so I just did that.

anyway, is there any way to loosen up the springs? They are so tight I really gotta work to dive.

I gotta say, if you know what your doing, messing with a floyd is quick, easy, and painless. I seriously didn't find it hard. All you need is patience and common sense. I got tuned in like 15 minutes, and the setup took me like an hour or so, maybe less.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
It's that 15 minute tuning that makes me lock down my floyd. I tune up in 15 seconds.
Had the exact same thing happen to me minutes ago, took out the springs from the block, stuck the block end of the spring in cork grease (chapstick works the same) and it was fine! weird, thought it was the actual floyd itself but its just the springs rubbing against the trem block IN the trem block. just for anyone else lookin for an easy solution... this post is a bit late