23 31%
Voters: 74.
In a battle between:
Washburn x50 pro
Jackson dk2t
Dean ml79
Epiphone zakk wylde
Washburn x200 pro

Which is the best for metal (Pantera, metallica stuff like that)

If you have any other suggestions you feel are better, go ahead but bear in mind my price max is about £400 ($811)

Thanks in advance
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Last edited by skinzpoison at Sep 30, 2007,
Shecters outta my price range aint it?
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
X50pro pwns all

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

if your considere dthe epi zakk wyle, most schecters ARE NOT out of your range... the hellraiser is only 650 and with FR its like 799 i think aboutt he same if not cheaper then the epi, and MUCH better quality, schectr..rains supreme sir
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
Washburn X50PRO - This guitar fooking slays, Seymour Duncan pickups, Buzz Feiten Nut, Coil tapping, Set neck, Mahogany and maple top. KOREAN MADE

Jackson DK2T - This guitar is pretty good, but the neck didn't suit me. Seymour Duncan pickups, bolt on neck(?) and alder body. On the plus side it's JAPANESE MADE.

Dean ML79 - I haven't played this guitar, but specs wise seems solid. Doesn't have that fancy pickups like SDs, just some Dean Stock. I'm suspecting it's KOREAN MADE but don't quote me on it...

Epiphone Zakk Wylde - Wouldn't bother with this, you could just get an Epi LP standard and stick some Active EMGs in it. KOREAN MADE

Washburn X200PRO - Same as the Washburn X50PRO, but has an agathis body. Not so good! I would just get the X50PRO. KOREAN MADE

NOTE: Have you tried any of the guitars? Although the spec sheet may seem nice, you may not like the neck profile...

Good luck finding your guitar!
Quote by BlackList666
if your considere dthe epi zakk wyle, most schecters ARE NOT out of your range... the hellraiser is only 650 and with FR its like 799 i think aboutt he same if not cheaper then the epi, and MUCH better quality, schectr..rains supreme sir

Schecter is pretty expensive here because Sound Control is the only stockist here... Sound Control is pretty much the same as Guitar World.
i thought the x200 pro was indonesian and basswood?

regardless, i'd probably go either x50 pro or jackson pro series. ibanez s320/470 would also be worth considering, and if you can save around another £50, an rg1570.

what's your amp though?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i thought the x200 pro was indonesian and basswood?

regardless, i'd probably go either x50 pro or jackson pro series. ibanez s320/470 would also be worth considering, and if you can save around another £50, an rg1570.

what's your amp though?

I think I read in TG they were agathis. All links state solid body, and that usually means agathis to me!

Not sure where it is made, I just assumed it was in Korea since the X50PRO was made in Korea.
i got that info in guitarist and guitar buyer... i have no idea if it's accurate and i haven't tried it. but either way, the x50 pro sounds better, for very little more cash (in fact it could even be cheaper).

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a roland cube 30 at the moment but i wanna get a bigger amp at christmas.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
i'd probably go with the x50 pro, then, as that'd give you an extra £100 towards the amp. Unless you hate its neck profile or something similar to that.

what amp are you considering, if you don't mind me asking?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Uhh im not sure yet, maybe some the randall rx 75, they seem quite hi gain. Another thing is that i cant try any of these guitars no music stores supply them.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Washburn X50. The X200 is agathis so thats pretty much a no for its price. And all the others seem amatuer compared, unless the Jackson is one of the real good ones.
Quote by skinzpoison
Uhh im not sure yet, maybe some the randall rx 75, they seem quite hi gain. Another thing is that i cant try any of these guitars no music stores supply them.

i haven't tried that randall, but you wanna make sure what you're getting is actually better than what you already have- the cube 30 is one of the better high gain solid state amps, it's actually pretty nice.

randall does a high gain tube amp for around £350, the rg50tc- might be worth considering. the peavey valveking also may be worth considering, but might not be high gain enough. it's more an amp that'll do metal for some people, if you don't only play metal. if you can get up to £400, the marshall dsl401 would also be worth considering.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd look into Agile guitars at www.rondomusic.net if you're interested in the les paul shape.

I'd also recommend an Ibanez S series, Shecter Hellraiser, ESP LTD MH-400, EC-400.

Have you considered checking out a 7 string?
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Do valves in tube amps need changing very often? Cause i dunno where to buy them
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
I'd recommend a Carvin firstly becuase it can be made (in the US) to your own specifications or an Ibanez Prestige, most likely an RG or S Prestige.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Dudage
I'd recommend a Carvin firstly becuase it can be made (in the US) to your own specifications or an Ibanez Prestige, most likely an RG or S Prestige.

A new carvin is in the area of $1,000+

Depending on how fast you bring in money, that might be another 4-6 months for someone without a job to pay the difference between a Carvin and prestige Ibanez.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
A new carvin is in the area of $1,000+

Depending on how fast you bring in money, that might be another 4-6 months for someone without a job to pay the difference between a Carvin and prestige Ibanez.

My Prestige cost far more then $1000, only the lowest of Prestiges (which aren't super great) are sub 1K.

Also, if it takes 4-6 months for someone to make that little money, then they had better get some half decent income if they want some decent gear. All the really high end gear is going to take some saving some serious cash to get a hold of.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Please note the TS is in UK... it's really hard to get a Carvin in here, unless it is second hand.
I found a esp ltd EX351D for £300, its got pretty good specs but has anyone played this guitar? Can you give me an opinion on it?
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3